You are a go-to designer who is not afraid to go against the grain to solve problems. You have the courage to concept breakthrough ideas and the stamina to sell them through. Time and time again, you always come through with the right ideas or the right visuals. As a Designer, your conceptual skills are equal to your ability to express ideas through visual solutions that are right on brand. You know the importance of strategy and understand what it takes to think big ideas that cross multiple consumer touchpoints. You make people believe the work you present is the best idea ever created but you also know their feedback is just another opportunity for you to demonstrate your brilliance and shine.
- Owns small to mid size projects
- Exhibits strong Time Management Skills and the ability to manage one’s own timelines
- In partnership with copy lead, contributes to the creation of interactive design concepts through active participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions.
- Exhibits an understanding of the various departments and roles, and begins to understand how their role works within it (BA, strategy, UX, etc)
- Works with more senior staff to ensure that creative exceeds space150 and clients’ expectations
- Creates and executes award-winning work that achieves clients’ objectives
- Pushes themselves to think beyond what the client has asked for
- Understands the creative direction set forth for each project and develops work that supports that direction
- Has a competent knowledge of client’s business objectives, brand, consumer and competitive landscape to inform insightful design ideas
- Develops Conceptual skills and exhibits strong executional skills
- Demonstrates ability to utilize feedback/direction from creative lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs to the satisfaction of lead
- Understands how to objectively look at a brand without the subjectivity of your own personal taste
- Designs mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks and storyboards under minimal direction of the project’s creative lead
- Implement and execute design direction based upon guidelines into digital assets including banners, emails, presentation decks, and small site builds
- Expands personal knowledge of design and current state-of-the-art techniques. Has an excellent understanding of digital best practices.
- Has a solid knowledge of the production process (e.g. optimizing graphics, compression settings and file size and image optimization)
- 3+ years of digital and/or graphic design experience required
- Strong creative portfolio
- Ability to command different visual styles/tones using latest creative software
- Good presentation skills
- Curiosity for new technologies and emerging trends
- Highly responsible, collaborative and self-motivated
- Works enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with other project team members, has a clear understanding of how a project team operates, their responsibilities throughout a project and what is expected in critiques and team meetings
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Hip office located in The Bowery
- Fun, diverse humans who will become your extended family; supporting you, coaching you, and who are always down to grab drinks or coffee with you for any old reason (or no reason at all).
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- A whole host of your typical (and not-so-typical) company benefits.
BE BOLD. APPLY.