Full time permanent role
As an Applications Systems Administrator you will be a key central TAMUCC (Texas A&M University Corpus Christi) IT team member, responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance within application life cycles. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting a portfolio of applications both on premises and in the cloud, researching patches, vulnerabilities and software releases, testing/applying software updates, and helping with the configuration of new features. You will also be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and vendors, while ensuring that software systems and related procedures enhance and support our institutional goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / MIS or related field.
- Three years related experience in effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of software/application packages.
- Two years of system or application administrator experience in a LAN networking/distributed computing environment.
- Additional education and/or experience may be considered as a substitution for the minimum qualifications.
- Experience with application of security principles in relation to applications, servers and databases.
- Experience with ITIL, change management, release and deployment management.
- Experience monitoring and maintaining enterprise applications on multiple platforms including Windows or Linux.
- Experience working in higher education including demonstrated knowledge of higher education organization structure, business practices, and associated enterprise technology systems.
- Experience building and supporting information technology services at a higher education institution.
- Experience with use of and / or supporting ERP level SIS or other institutional applications used in / for Higher Education (e.g. Banner, Salesforce, CBord, Argos, LaserFiche, Fischer, and / or Blackboard).