Full time permanent role
As a Software Application Developer at TAMUCC (Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi) your primary functions will be to coordinate with the Manager of Software Development on design choices, technical standards, including software-coding standards, tools, and platforms standards. You will participate in design and coding activities with other staff members, conceptualizing functional requirements, architectural approaches, integration methodology and application and infrastructure design guidance to deliver high-quality and timely solutions and services that continuously meet business needs. You will work closely with Business Analyst and the Data Warehouse teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Eight years of software development and support experience.
- Experience in higher education coordinating, planning and organizing, enhancements, modifications, patches/fixes and upgrades of systems and technology with home grown level to ERP level applications.
- Experience with one or more common databases and / or data modeling tools.
- Experience with either Linux and / or Windows operating systems.
- Full stack development.
- Experience developing and/or integrating various cloud based systems.
- Experience with use of and/or programming for ERP level SIS or other institutional applications used in/for Higher Education.
- Proficiency in Source Code Control/Versioning.
- Experience with S.O.L.I.D. design principles.
- Experience with one or more unit-test frameworks/UI test automation.