Sourced Adventures is an adventure travel tour operator specializing in day trips, weekend excursions and destination travel. We connect people with organized adventure designed to make outdoor recreation and travel easy and more accessible.
Our goal is to bring our customers fully curated, world-class experiences all while connecting them to other like-minded adventurers along the way.
Sourced Adventures is headquartered in New York City. This is can be either a remote work from home position or out of our NYC office.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a strong sales and customer service background who is passionate about adventure travel to join our team.
The Reservations & Support Specialist is responsible for handling all of our reservations and customer service. You'll be speaking directly with customers on the phone to book their trips, answer trip-related questions, manage reservations, and reply to all email support tickets.
This position requires someone able to devise creative solutions to customer service problems without ever letting one slip through the cracks. They will need to be extremely organized and pay absurd attention to detail. We take hundreds of adventure-lovers out on trips each weekend and pride ourselves on offering a very high level of support to each and every customer. The ideal candidate can write extremely well and quickly, can carry on a conversation with anybody, and ideally loves skiing, snowboarding, whitewater rafting and all kinds of travel. One minute you might be speaking to someone about a Whitewater Rafting day trip out of New York City, the next you might be booking someone on a week long trip to Iceland.
- Experience working directly in a sales or customer service role and/or in the travel/outdoor industry (0-2 years)
- Strong customer service experience; ability to speak to anyone on the phone
- Excellent and concise written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability; can juggle many complex tasks at once
- Dynamic and engaging personality; loves working with and talking to people
- Comfortable talking on the phone and writing emails all day
- Passion for adventure and outdoor recreation
- Tourism or tour guiding experience
- Event management experience
- Experience taking reservations over the phone while answering lots of emails each day
- Whitewater Rafting or Ski/Snowboard experience is a plus
- Travel experience in Playa del Carmen/Cancun area of Mexico or Iceland is also a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited lift tickets, rental passes, and trips to the ski resorts and other tour operators we work with
- An exciting and dynamic startup work environment with like-minded adventure enthusiasts
- Travel opportunities based on performance
We're changing local adventure travel, and we're looking for great people to join us!