This role is to work onsite in our Newcastle office, therefore we are unable to accept remote designer applications.
At SoPost, our ambition is to build the world’s most powerful product sampling platform.
Our proprietary technology already enables many of the world’s most recognisable brands to run highly-effective product sampling campaigns online, with a focus on three core areas:
Relevance - Reaching consumers where they interact online, because of who they are or an action they’ve taken.
Data - Collecting valuable contact and demographic information from recipients, enabling future engagement.
Analytics - Qualitative and quantitative feedback around purchase intent and product or brand recommendations.
Our clients (‘Brand Partners’ as we refer to them) come from a broad range of different categories from cosmetics and fragrance to pharmacy to food and beverages. We believe our technology can work with any brand product and can address a wide range of communications objectives for the brands we work with and we are continually building our category and market representation.
Founded in 2012, SoPost employs over 30 people across three hubs: Our technology team of software engineers and designers are based in Newcastle, while our commercial and partnership teams are located in both London and New York. We are active in seven major markets: The UK; North America (USA and Canada); and in mainland Europe (France, Germany, Italy and Spain).
While we know we have come a long way, our ambition extends well beyond where we are now. That means constantly striving to innovate around our product; to help more and more Brand Partners run highly effective product sampling campaigns using SoPost’s technology and to establish new markets to enter. We will never standstill.
As a Product Designer in the Platform team and reporting to the Lead Designer, you will be responsible for delivering design solutions to the highest quality to enhance the experience for all stakeholders and users of the product. You will work collaboratively with others to design interfaces and build prototypes that ensure design solutions (from conception to production) meet the software engineering goals of quality, reliability and safety.
A little bit about you...
You will have the skills to produce design solutions and relevant materials for all aspects of the SoPost platform. Interaction and prototyping skills will be a huge advantage in communicating your designs.
- Have a strong understanding of accessibility and how your designs meet the appropriate standards and guidelines;
- Design all product solutions adhering to SoPost’s brand guidelines;
- Be able to understand the issues identified in research and empathise with user’s goals and tasks to produce design solutions through artefacts such as sketches, user flows, prototypes and high-fidelity mockups;
- Communicate effectively with the Product Team offering a rationale for design decisions to ensure a smooth hand-off for development, highlighting interactions and intended functionality;
- Use initiative to contribute to the growth and development of the product using company-wide channels of communication;
- Analyse the results of qualitative and quantitive data and research to communicate the rationale and impact behind design solutions;
- Complete work in a timely manner;
- Respond proactively to reviews with the Lead Designer and further team;
- Proficiency using Sketch, Adobe CC, Abstract, and other relevant tools;
- 2+ years experience in the design industry – working on a product or for a startup is a plus!
As a bonus, it would be great if you could demonstrate:
- Experience in designing, delivering and maintaining design systems used at scale;
- Examples of designing complex SaaS, or similar products.
We can be flexible for the right person. The offer made to you will be dependant on experience.
What you can expect from us
- Commitment to growing your professional development and a training budget to support that commitment.
- Competitive salary plus 23 days of annual leave, increasing to 25 by the end of three years of service.
- Eligibility for our flexible working arrangement, giving you the power to manage your time and place of work.
- Participation in Annual Bonus Plan and SoPost pension scheme.
- Social events: monthly team lunches and quarterly drinks/team building activities.
- A well-stocked fridge full of soft drinks, or if you prefer something more refined, we have delicious coffee beans and a great coffee machine.
- We engage in team activities once in a while, bringing everyone in the company together from all over the world.
How do I apply?
We believe that the successful recruitment for any role at SoPost is as much about giving you the opportunity to find out as much as possible about us and our Company as it is about us finding out about you and your capabilities. We want you to be as excited about joining SoPost as we are about being here!
With that philosophy in mind, we will be running the following selection process to ensure that each candidate is given a comprehensive view of what we are all about:
Send us your CV and links to your work.
A video/phone call to assess your experience.
We will ask you to complete a pre-interview task; we then review and offer feedback.
Can you tell us more about the way you work, ask us questions, tell us about you and your career, can you highlight your weaknesses as well as your strengths. Feel free to ask us questions.
Offer & references
We will make a formal offer, subject to references.