Sales Development Representative
Role Location: London
At SoPost, our ambition is to build the world’s most powerful product sampling platform.
Our proprietary technology already enables many of the world’s most recognisable brands to run highly effective product sampling campaigns online, with a focus on three core areas:
(1) Relevance - Reaching consumers where they interact online, because of who they are or an action they’ve taken.
(2) Data - Collecting valuable contact and demographic information from recipients, enabling future engagement.
(3) Analytics - Qualitative and quantitative feedback around purchase intent and product or brand recommendations.
Our clients (‘Brand Partners’ as we refer to them) come from a broad range of different categories from cosmetics and fragrance to pharmacy to food and beverages. We believe our technology can work with any brand product and can address a wide range of communications objectives for the brands we work with and we are continually building our category and market representation.
Founded in 2012, SoPost employs over 30 people across three hubs: Our technology team of software engineers and UX/UI designers are based in Newcastle, while our commercial and partnership teams are located in both London and New York. We are active in seven major markets: The UK; North America (USA and Canada); and in mainland Europe (France, Germany, Italy and Spain).
Our growth trajectory has been significant and last year we were named as the thirteenth fastest growing UK company within the Deloitte Fast 50 technology companies and the fastest growing marketing technology business. We placed 8th in the Northern Tech Awards Top 100 growth companies and have also been selected for the prestigious Mayor of London’s International Business Growth Programme which supports UK businesses with an ambition to grow overseas.
While we know we have come a long way, our ambition extends well beyond where we are now. That means constantly striving to innovate around our product; to help more and more Brand Partners run highly effective product sampling campaigns using SoPost’s technology and to establish new markets to enter. We will never stand still.
What we’re looking for..
The Sales Development Representative will play a key role in the growth of SoPost’s UK and European customer base. We are looking for a proactive, self-starter who is looking to join a company full of ambition and potential and willing to explore a variety of different avenues to pursue leads and generate interest in the SoPost product and is excited by the opportunity to make this role their own.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us in increasing the customer-base for SoPost’s market leading product. The role offers an excellent basic and competitive commission structure, with high achievers given the opportunity to progress within the business and take on a broader scope of responsibility within our Commercial team.
What will you be responsible for?
You will be working closely with our commercial team of account managers to build a pipeline of qualified leads. On a day to day basis this means:
- Becoming an expert in the SoPost product and the marketing and communications challenges which it can respond to for our Brand Partners.
- Quickly get up to speed on our lead generation and CRM tools to extract contacts and create an accurate and targeted list of contacts.
- Use sales development best practises through email, phone and social channels to connect with new prospects.
- Use intelligent and targeted questions to speak knowledgeably with the Brand’s key decision makers.
- Skilfully build interest and create new meeting opportunities to hand over to the commercial team.
- Co-ordinate and book initial meetings and log all activities in CRM
- Track progress and develop reports to monitor and analyse wins and losses on a regular basis in order to refine process and approach.
- Deliver on new lead and new meeting quotas.
A little bit about you….
You’re excited about working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and are ready and willing to try anything and come up with your own ideas to succeed. You are also keen to learn and grow personally as the business grows.
In addition, you have some or all of the following qualities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to work independently (with some direction of course) and manage your own time and priorities effectively
- Good level of project management capability
- Competent level of IT literacy (fluent in Google Docs, Google Calendar and Google Sheets) and some experience of working with a CRM.
- Ability to work as part of a team and desire to collaborate
- An understanding of the digital landscape and of the competitive marketplace in which we operate
While not essential, the following would be an advantage:
- Experience as a Sales Development Representative or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales prospecting techniques such as cold calling, cold emailing and social outreach
- Proven track record of achieving sales quotas
- Good understanding of sales performance metrics
- Media/SaaS knowledge
What we will offer to you
- Commitment to growing your professional development and a training budget to support that commitment to enable you to progress into a Partnerships Manager role.
- Competitive Salary plus 23 days of annual leave, increasing to 25 by the end of three years of service.
- Eligibility for our flexible working arrangement, giving you the power to manage your time and place of work.
- Participation in Annual Bonus Plan and SoPost pension scheme.
- Social events (monthly team lunches and quarterly drinks / team building activities)
How do I apply?
We believe that the successful recruitment for any role at SoPost is as much about giving you the opportunity to find out as much as possible about us and our Company as it is about us finding out about you and your capabilities. We want you to be as excited about joining SoPost as we are about being here!
With that philosophy in mind, we will be running the following selection process to ensure that each candidate is given a comprehensive view of what we are all about:
: An initial interview with our UK Head of Account Management, Sinead. You can read more about Sinead here
Stage two: Interview with a senior member of the commercial team.
: Final Round interview with our Founder/CEO, Jonnny Grubin. You can read more about Jonny here
Stage four: Meet the team - probably the most important stage for us. An opportunity to meet with our brilliant Commercial team in London.
Stage five: Appointment decision and offer subject to references.
You can apply for the role at our dedicated portal here