At SoPost, our ambition is to build the world’s most powerful product sampling platform.
Our proprietary technology already enables many of the world’s most recognisable brands to run highly effective product sampling campaigns online, with a focus on three core areas:
(1) Relevance - Reaching consumers where they interact online, because of who they are or an action they’ve taken.
(2) Data - Collecting valuable contact and demographic information from recipients, enabling future engagement.
(3) Analytics - Qualitative and quantitative feedback around purchase intent and product or brand recommendations.
Our clients (‘Brand Partners’ as we refer to them) come from a broad range of different categories from cosmetics and fragrance to pharmacy to food and beverages. We believe our technology can work with any brand product and can address a wide range of communications objectives for the brands we work with and we are continually building our category and market representation.
Founded in 2012, SoPost employs over 30 people across three hubs: Our technology team of software engineers and UX/UI designers are based in Newcastle, while our commercial and partnership teams are located in both London and New York. We are active in seven major markets: The UK; North America (USA and Canada); and in mainland Europe (France, Germany, Italy and Spain).
Our growth trajectory has been significant and last year we were named as the thirteenth fastest growing UK company within the Deloitte Fast 50 technology companies and the fastest growing marketing technology business. We placed 8th in the Northern Tech Awards Top 100 growth companies and have also been selected for the prestigious Mayor of London’s International Business Growth Programme which supports UK businesses with an ambition to grow overseas.
While we know we have come a long way, our ambition extends well beyond where we are now. That means constantly striving to innovate around our product; to help more and more Brand Partners run highly effective product sampling campaigns using SoPost’s technology and to establish new markets to enter. We will never stand still.
What we’re looking for...
We’ve experienced some incredible organic growth over the last few years and are on track to double sales by the end of this year. We’re now looking for a B2B marketer to help us continue on this amazing trajectory. You’ll be excited about our mission to become the world’s most powerful sampling platform and be ready to take the lead on developing our marketing strategy from the ground up.
This role will have a global reach, based in our London office you’ll be responsible for driving awareness of SoPost in the UK, Europe, North America and beyond. You’ll be working with some of the best brands in the world like L’Oreal, GSK, and Unilever to understand the value we bring to our customers through our network of delivery partners including Facebook, Pinterest and Hearst. Translating your insights into creative marketing strategies that help us acquire new Brand Partners.
What will you be responsible for?
As the first dedicated Marketer at SoPost, you’ll have ownership over all growth marketing initiatives - working closely with the commercial, product and design teams to:
Build and define SoPost’s marketing strategy to increase awareness of SoPost amongst our target audience:
- You’ll have responsibility for all elements of the marketing mix across our key markets in North America and Europe, with a primary focus on generating demand and acquiring new qualified leads.
- You’ll be establishing SoPost’s voice in the market, using customer and competitor research to confirm product positioning, messaging and value proposition.
- Increasing our visibility across digital channels (Social media, SEO etc.) as well as at events and identifying speaker opportunities.
- You’ll develop innovative and creative marketing programs to drive outcomes that scale.
Build a global lead generation engine:
- Define the concept of a qualified lead in agreement with the commercial teams, identifying and developing new tactics and channels to acquire these leads.
- Work with the commercial teams to define demand generation KPI’s that help us achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Work on strategic initiatives with both internal teams and external partners where needed that deliver on the KPI’s.
- Coordinate a content strategy that positions us a thought leader in the sampling and marketing technology space to support the demand generation efforts.
- Build a strategy to educate brands that don’t yet sample on the value of sampling with SoPost to broaden the total addressable market.
Measure and optimise results:
- Define objectives, track progress, measure impact, and use your research to influence how we grow our product and customer base.
- Design, test and learn from approaches to refine acquisition channels, analyse campaign performance, understand drivers of ROI and identify opportunities to optimise conversion funnels.
- Own the marketing budget and report on activities we allocate spend to, demonstrating the expected outcomes for strategies in line with our budgets and company goals.
A little bit about you….
You’re excited about growth and how you can make a big impact in a fast growing business. You love experimenting with new ideas are not afraid to try things. If they don’t work out, you take the learnings and you move forward with a fresh take on things.
You have some or all of the following qualities:
- Experience helping to build a global B2B marketing strategy.
- Creative and data driven, making educated moves on channels and strategies to find new customers.
- Both a team player and self starter, you’re self motivated but can get others onboard to help build out your ideas.
- You’re a generalist and passionate about all elements of the marketing mix and keen to explore which routes will work best to meet your KPI’s.
- Excited by the challenge of building the marketing function at SoPost from scratch.
- Proactive in suggesting ideas and implementing them.
- Clear communication when it comes to reporting and optimisation and how your decision making process works. Experience tracking and reporting on marketing activities.
- Results driven.
- Proven ability to build innovative programs, run marketing experiments and demonstrate results.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
What you can expect from us
- Commitment to growing your professional development and a training budget to support that commitment
- Competitive Salary plus 23 days of annual leave, increasing to 25 by the end of three years of service.
- Eligibility for our flexible working arrangement, giving you the power to manage your time and place of work.
- Participation in Annual Bonus Plan and SoPost pension scheme.
- Social events (monthly team lunches and quarterly drinks / team building activities)
- Opportunity to work with the team in our New York office in Manhattan
How do I apply?
We believe that the successful recruitment for any role at SoPost is as much about giving you the opportunity to find out as much as possible about us and our Company as it is about us finding out about you and your capabilities. We want you to be as excited about joining SoPost as we are about being here!
With that philosophy in mind, we will be running the following selection process to ensure that each candidate is given a comprehensive view of what we are all about:
: Initial interview with our UK Head of Account Management, Sinead. You can read more about Sinead here
: Interview with our US country Manager, Bianca and our CFO, Russell. You can read more about Bianca and Russell here
: Final Round interview with our Founder/CEO, Jonny Grubin. You can read more about Jonny here
Stage four: Meet the team - probably the most important stage for us. An opportunity to meet with our brilliant Commercial team in London.
Stage five: Appointment decision and offer subject to references.
You can apply for the role at our dedicated portal here