SoPost is on a mission to build the most powerful sampling platform in the world, with a focus on relevance, data and analytics. Six years into that mission, we’ve opened up our first product manager position. As a product manager in SoPost you will take ownership of our public and private products.
On a day to day basis in this role you will:
- manage feature development and maintenance work without compromising commercial opportunity.
- articulate what our products look like to further our mission.
- rally designers and engineers to build those products.
- iterate until we get it right.
In a product manager role at SoPost you will have a significant impact, deliver joy to our users and be given autonomy to deliver on your part of our shared mission.
Product managers can come from all walks of life and we welcome that diversity. In terms of qualifications, we are looking for someone who holds a design, engineering or computer science degree.
For soft skills, we are looking for people with excellent communication and leadership skills who identify with our core cultural values of ownership and trust.
You should be able to demonstrate a knack for knowing and understanding what customers want.
Your decisions will have an impact. It may be positive or it could be negative. You’re going to need analytical abilities to measure so you can make a strategic decision on what to do.
It would be great if you have a strong technical background. After all, you will own a complex technical product.
Above all else though, you should have an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re going to have to make things happen, lead without any direct authority and be able to win hearts and minds.
If this is you, apply. It’s an exciting time for us and a great opportunity for you.
As full disclosure, we would like to acknowledge that this job description and the resulting hiring process was largely inspired by the FirstRoundCapital video posted on Youtube featuring Todd Jackson. We believe that standing on the shoulders of giants is wise, but credit must be given to those giants.
- One or more years of relevant experience in a product based role.
- One or more years of leadership experience.
- Strong Intellectual ability.
- Quickly able to process, synthesise and reason about information.
- Excellent communication.
- Demonstrable leadership.
- Strong culture fit.
- A sense of knowing what users want.
- Strategic/analytical capability.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
One or more of the below would add significant weight to your application.
- Can write code.
- Can create designs.
- Can run a quantitive analysis.