Working at Sophinea
Sophinea is looking for individuals who are passionate about data and want to join a growing company that is intently focused on bringing clarity to data for our clients. At Sophinea, we use data to support complex programs and missions of global significance. As an employee you will have the opportunity to contribute to our clients' success through applying your knowledge in Technology and Business Consulting to design data solutions that empower our clients to make data-driven decisions. If you have a passion for data and thrive on delivering highly valued solutions, Sophinea is the company for you!
Must be a United States citizen with an Active Secret Security Clearance
Sophinea is seeking a Data Scientist to join our team who has a passion for deriving meaningful insight from raw, complex data sets.
This role provides the opportunity to leverage experience in multiple facets of data science - from developing data models to delivering visualizations that enable business leaders to gain deep insight to the health of the program and identify potential areas for growth.
This position is a hybrid role that will enable you to work across several different teams, each having unique use cases for data reporting and visualization. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Program Management team to analyze data and report results directly to Senior Executives.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements and generate technical specifications to design or redesign interactive dashboards for internal and external users
- Gain a deep understanding of key business and data requirements to design and develop dashboards, data visualizations, and complex reports
- Define, execute, and interpret complex/nested data models and queries
- Establish standards and best practices for dashboards and related technologies
- Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views
- Support activities to document, evolve, and communicate data models and visualizations
- Implement row-level security for embedded reporting
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or related field required
- 2-5 years’ experience required
- Experience in designing, developing, and successfully deploying large scale projects from end-to-end
- Experience with relational databases, specifically SQL, and non-SQL and big-data technologies
- Experience consolidating information from various data sources
- Experience working with multiple datasets with a high degree of complex relationships
- Experience supporting numerous Business Management reports and dashboards using data visualization tools
Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.