We will run our first apprenticeship program from April to May 2018 in our Brooklyn office.
We are looking for a program mentor who will spend half the day guiding the 4 apprentices and the other half working on a project.
- Be an ambassador of Sophilabs' values in the Brooklyn office.
- Provide guidance for 2-4 apprentices.
- Provide guidance based on our Apprentice Program Guidelines and past experiences.
- Create a positive counseling relationship and climate for open communication.
- Help your mentees identify problems and guide them towards appropriate solutions.
- Celebrate the successes of your mentees.
- Provide descriptive feedback based on observations.
- Evaluate the mentees.
- Work part-time on your current project remotely from the Brooklyn office.
To become a Mentor, you must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Embody the company values. Act as an example.
- Have proper visa documentation or process the proper documentation within 2 months.
- Be able to commit to two months of living and working in the United States.
- High level of English proficiency.
- Demonstrate timeliness and dependability in the workplace.
Excellent in the following soft skills:
- Friendly Personality
- Observation (Giving Feedback)
Excellent in the following tech skills:
- Software Design
- 🗽 Work from New York for two months
- 🙌 Build subject-matter expertise and deepen your own personal knowledge
- 👊 Learn how to motivate others and provide guidance to aspiring learners
- 🏅 Gain valuable leadership experience and people skills
- 📘 Hone your communication and teaching abilities
Flight, lodging and a 50 USD daily stipend is included for the duration of your stay in New York. The mentor will also receive an extra $ 1.000 USD per month before taxes in addition to their regular salary.
- Deadline for Applications: Jan 19th, 2018
- Interviews: Jan 22th-24th, 2018
- The chosen mentor will be announced on Jan 26th, 2018
Please attach a cover letter explaining why you think you are the best fit for this position. Resume is not required.