Are you a Star Wars Fan??? We'd love to have you join us for an Exclusive Premiere of Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker
SonderMind is digital health company changing the game in behavioral health by increasing access and utilization of this important part of our well-being. We were recently voted the #1 Best Place to Work by the Denver Business Journal and are growing rapidly. http://bizj.us/1px5hy
. We are creating a national, digitally-integrated network of behavioral health providers that lets them focus on providing great care, while we provide the rest. This network, combined with a variety of software offerings, generates the data and capability needed to serve the consumers, employers and health systems looking to access high-quality behavioral health care.
About this Role
SonderMind is looking for a Senior Insurance Billing Engineer to work closely with Revenue Operations and Product Teams to integrate business rules. You will drive and participate in design sessions as well as constantly evaluate technologies and trends to be leveraged to optimize our insurance billing platform.
We expect a Senior Insurance Billing Software Engineer to have the requisite skill set to be able to achieve the following outcomes within the approximate time frames:
- Day 1: Bring in deep understanding of insurance billing at a technical level.
- Week 1: Review our current insurance billing infrastructure, Understand our current insurance billing process and review our current insurance billing infrastructure
- Week 2: Provide an overview of current billing infrastructure with outline of existing shortfalls and areas of improvements.
- Week 4: After working with Revenue Operations and Product team define a prioritized queue of required changes/upgrades to existing billing software.
- Week 6: Completed a sprint of work using existing queue as prioritized backlog of features to implement.
- Week 10: Provide details on current state of billing system, including changes that have made a material impact on billing process from start date.
- Substantial technical level implementation experience with medical insurance billing
- Ingestion of X12 835, 277 Documents
- Generation of X12 837P Documents
- Deep understanding of insurance processing as it relates to revenue operations as it relates to technical integrations.
- Flow of information from Providers to Payers and Back
- Exception processing for claims
- Non Direct Claim payer revenue tracking
- Claw Back Processing
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Interaction with remote API Services
- Unit Testing, RSpec, Karma, Jasmine or similar experience
- Substantial relational database experience (SQL)
- Experience with Insurance Clearing House
Nice to Have:
- Ruby on Rails development experience
- Team leadership experience
- Experience developing in Angular 2
- Experience with Change HealthCare Clearinghouse.
- Front-end Technologies
- Angular 2
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our location directly across from Union Station, to an office with a Stormtrooper greeting people entering the office, to brick walls covered by whiteboards, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401k. Excellent employee benefits.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter with answers to the questions below:
1. Why do you want to work for a startup?
2. Summarize the technical accomplishment for which you are most proud.
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptional high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.