Title: Director of Marketing
Compensation: $70,000 - $80,000 (commensurate with experience), plus annual performance-based bonus and equity
Position Overview: Solstice is dedicated to making solar so easy and affordable that everyone can sign up for it. We do this by deploying community solar, which gives households guaranteed energy savings at no upfront cost and decreases the country’s reliance on fossil fuels.
Community solar is one of the fastest growing segments of the rapidly expanding solar industry. Solstice’s marketing efforts - whether online or offline - are the first touch point customers have with our brand, mission, and community solar product offering. It is one of the most important positions in the entire organization, and we are looking for a talented data-driven B2C marketing professional to lead these efforts.
As the Director of Marketing, you’ll be in charge of lead generation across many channels, and will manage a team comprised of designers, creatives, and growth marketing specialists in order to reach our high-growth goals. You will work directly with the co-founders and will own demand generation, content creation, marketing funnel optimization, and vendor management. You will have the opportunity to apply marketing tactics such as digital advertising, paid search and display, direct mail, earned media, TV and radio, email marketing, referral marketing, social media, SEO, and landing page conversion testing to grow our customer base and overall company revenues. You will be responsible for creating the strategy, setting goals, and tactical execution. With your leadership, we will deploy more solar and make it more accessible.
- Day-to-day management of Solstice marketing team
- Create an online and offline marketing strategy, lead the implementation, and analyze its effectiveness
- Liaise with sales team to align priorities and execute effectively, ensure feedback loops
- Negotiate and close deals with media vendors
- Report metrics on a weekly basis to co-founders and the Solstice team
- Identify new channels for lead generation
- 6-10+ years of experience across all aspects of marketing, from advertising, media buying, copywriting, analytics, branding, and communications; proven ability to scale marketing campaigns and achieve results
- 2+ years experience managing and motivating an organization and/or teams working on multiple workstreams, including remote workers or outsourced vendors
- Experience in customer acquisition, paid search and paid social
- B2B and B2C experience preferred
- Team-oriented, cares equally about helping people and attaining excellent results
- Experience closely collaborating with other departments, e.g. sales and product
- Experience in growing early-stage startups preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to articulate value proposition to internal and external stakeholders (ie. investors, press) with passion and energy
- Extraordinary attention to detail and organized, creative, personable, enthusiastic, optimistic, proactive, resilient, efficient and effective, calm under pressure
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- An insatiable desire to succeed and ability to work smart, but also be resourceful and scrappy
- You must be analytical and able to extract meaning from limited data and use all the resources available to you to optimize for growth.
As a Director of Marketing You Will Gain:
- Full ownership over all marketing activities and strategy at Solstice
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, particularly the rapidly growing community solar industry
- Hands on startup experience in cleantech
- Knowledge from and daily interaction with co-founders and Solstice advisors