As the Video Intern, you will be creating original stories and visual content for The Klog (theklog.co), Soko Glam’s editorial sister site. Your day-to-day tasks will be to help direct and develop video content- from brainstorming, writing, producing, shooting, and editing- to share on all of The Klog’s highly engaged and quickly growing social channels. As the Video Intern, you will be a core member of The Klog team, a closely-knit family of individuals passionate about beauty and teamwork.
- Create unique video concepts aligning with marketing campaigns
- Help organize all aspects of video production: writing script, coordinating shooting schedule, and preparing shooting equipment and props
- Assist in directing and producing content, shooting video, recording audio, and editing as necessary
- Create GIFs and photographs as necessary
- Keep a close eye on beauty industry and video trends to incorporate successful video practices and develop innovative ideas
- Student currently pursuing a degree in film production or related field
- Experience in professional media, film, or television company
- Experience in shooting video, film, photography and editing
- Proficiency with DSLR Cameras (i.e. aperture, shutter speed, etc.)
- Familiarity with set lightning and equipment
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite- Adobe Premiere Pro (Logging footage, syncing audio, color correcting)
- Thorough knowledge of Korean beauty and relevant trends
- Organized and detail-oriented while working on multiple projects on deadline
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- A true team player and a daring creator who loves to think outside of the box.
- An ideal candidate has a steady pulse on social media and beauty trends and is devoted to developing content that is genuine and impactful to today’s generation
- Awareness of current trends in design, advertising, beauty, fashion, social media, digital, entertainment, etc.
- Familiarity and interest with social platforms including (but not limited to): Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects preferred
- Previous experience in cosmetics and/or retail industry preferred
Job description is not all inclusive. Soko Glam reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Soko Glam is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.