Software Engineer (Backend)
Join us at Software.com
to help scale a well-loved, market-tested product to millions of developers around the world.
We're looking for a talented backend software engineer to work closely with our development team to build the next generation of productivity applications for developers.
- Exciting opportunity on the ground floor of a rapidly scaling company, building an ecosystem of innovative tools for software developers, with users in 150+ countries
- Opportunity to work directly with a founding team that has built billion-dollar products and grown successful companies
- Developer-first culture, with strong emphasis on developer privacy, productivity, and happiness
- Exposure to all aspects of product development, including design and user feedback
- Experience working with the latest development tools, frameworks, and ML libraries
- Well-capitalized and backed by top-tier VCs, including a co-founder of Palantir
- Distributed team with flexible, remote work culture (our principal developer does 20 mile runs during lunch)
If interested, email Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org
with a description of your most impactful projects and LinkedIn/resume.
What you’ll do
- Scope and implement efficient algorithms required by new features, to provide developers with valuable insights into how they work
- Create/improve columns and tables in relational databases and test query efficiency, as required by algorithms
- Ensure data integrity and security across the data pipeline
- Instrument usage metrics to manage scaling, load
- Apply machine learning to uncover insights from development data
- Write automated unit and backend tests to increase release velocity and quality
What we're looking for
- Self-starter with the aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent communication, excellent prioritization skills, and ability to work well with distributed teams
- Strong background in mathematics, algorithms, logic
- High attention to detail and diligence
- Demonstrated software development experience from previous work, preferably in both consumer and enterprise applications
- Repeated success completing complex projects on time
- Experience with optimizing performance on relational databases and AWS services (preferred)
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues such as memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures, etc. across the stack (preferred)
- Strong engineering background in technical fields, such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar.
About Engineering at Software
We are a team of experienced developers that have previously built successful tech companies. We are passionate about what we do and enjoy building great products that developers love.
Please no recruiters or agencies! Your candidates will not be considered.
Software is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.