Based in Austin, SocialWithin is helping build some of the best consumer brands in the world. Our core values inspire us to over-deliver on expectations and to create more success for the partners we serve.
Join our team of smart, passionate, collaborative, results-driven do-ers. We work hard every day to deliver remarkable experiences to our clients, and ultimately, their customers.
ENGINEERING AT SOCIALWITHIN
We’re a team of marketers, creatives and engineers focused on building a high performance, self-service ad tech product that enables consumer brands to scale efficiently and effectively.
Our vision is to build an incredible ad tech product that can plug into hundreds of APIs, have a smart rules engine with machine learning and AI capabilities. As a leading media buying and campaign management tool for Facebook advertisers, this product will sync campaigns, analyze and visualize performance metrics at the lowest grain, and optimize budget allocation to maximize the advertising value for our clients.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a Front End Developer with 3-5 years of experience and is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with a Product Manager and a designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
If you are interested in marketing automation, machine learning, AI and welcome the opportunity to solve extremely complex problems, then this is the role for you.
- Translate designs, wireframes, and business requirements into high-quality code
- Design and develop web-based applications for internal and client use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Develop new customer-facing features for the enterprise SaaS product
- Self-address and resolve issues/bugs related to the front end
- Collaborate closely with our in-house design team to bring mockups to life
- Work with SocialWithin’s partners in the ad tech industry (Facebook, Pinterest, Google, Microsoft) to understand evolving API standards
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and current design patterns/practices;
- Understanding of the web technology stack (HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, asset loading/caching)
- Hands on experience working with React/Redux, GraphQL, HTML5/CSS3, Git
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and version control systems
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Desire to learn and implement test-driven development
- Systems thinker with data-driven and data-informed mindset
- Experience delivering low latency, high availability software
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices
- Proven track record of building top-notch products
- Optional but a big plus: experience in ad tech
- A deep connection to SocialWithin’s mission, vision and core values
- Humble and kind with a great personality
- Experience developing clean, scalable and efficient web apps in a fast-paced environment
- Education: BS in in Computer Science or other engineering/technical field
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- An opportunity to build something special
- Incredible company culture - our team looks forward to Monday mornings vs. Friday evenings
- Performance bonus
- Free lunch catered daily
- Health benefits—100% company paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Awesome office space near downtown Austin that’s stocked with snacks and munchies
- Taco Tuesdays, free barista coffee (daily), company events and industry conferences
- Complimentary 24-hour Fitness gym membership
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary
PLEASE NOTE: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with SocialWithin may include phone/video interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.