Based in Austin, SocialWithin is helping build some of the best consumer brands in the world. Our core values inspire us to over-deliver on expectations and to create more success for the partners we serve.
Join our team of smart, passionate, collaborative, results-driven do-ers. We work hard every day to deliver remarkable experiences to our clients, and ultimately, their customers.
ENGINEERING AT SOCIALWITHIN
We’re a team of marketers, creatives and engineers focused on building a high performance, self-service ad tech product that enables consumer brands to scale efficiently and effectively.
Our vision is to build an incredible ad tech product that can plug into hundreds of APIs, have a smart rules engine with machine learning and AI capabilities. As a leading media buying and campaign management tool for Facebook advertisers, this product will sync campaigns, analyze and visualize performance metrics at the lowest grain, and optimize budget allocation to maximize the advertising value for our clients.
WHO YOU ARE
Ideal candidate is an experienced back end software developer with 3-5 years of experience. You have the ability to write maintainable and testable code, while navigating both functional programming and object-oriented programming patterns.
If you are interested in marketing automation, machine learning, AI and welcome the opportunity to solve extremely complex problems, then this is the role for you.
- Develop highly distributed, concurrent, and reliable systems that can scale to support $100M+ in ad spend
- Design solutions that are able to scale and to support a real-time reporting infrastructure with zero planned downtime
- Ensure code quality by use of unit, integration, and QA testing
- Work with SocialWithin’s partners in the ad tech industry (Facebook, Pinterest, Google, Microsoft) to understand evolving API standards
- Solid experience working with Python (Django/Flask)
- Experience setting up a CI/CD DevOps pipeline with AWS
- Experience with database design and architecture; preferred PostgreSQL
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and current design patterns/practices;
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and version control systems
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience delivering low latency, high availability software
- Pragmatic understanding of database technologies and ETL pipelines
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines
- Experience developing clean, scalable and efficient web apps in a fast-paced environment
- Education: BS in in Computer Science or other engineering/technical field
- Systems thinker with data-driven and data-informed mindset
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented
- Desire to learn and implement test-driven development
- Passion about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices
- Optional but a big plus: experience in ad tech
- A deep connection to SocialWithin’s mission, vision and core values
- Humble and kind with a great personality
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- An opportunity to build something special
- Incredible company culture - our team looks forward to Monday mornings vs. Friday evenings
- Performance bonus
- Free lunch catered daily
- Health benefits—100% company paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Awesome office space near downtown Austin that’s stocked with snacks and munchies
- Taco Tuesdays, free barista coffee (daily), company events and industry conferences
- Complimentary 24-hour Fitness gym membership
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary
PLEASE NOTE: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with SocialWithin may include phone/video interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.