Based in Austin, SocialWithin is helping build some of the best consumer brands in the world. Our mission is to create more value for others. Our core values inspire us to over-deliver on expectations and to create more success for the partners we serve.
Join our team of smart, passionate, collaborative, results-driven do-ers. We work hard every day to deliver remarkable experiences to our clients, and ultimately, their customers.
WHO YOU ARE
Ideal candidate is a business athlete who can wear multiple hats, be the #2 to CEO, scale the business, and drive operations across the organization. You have strong leadership skills, strive for operational excellence, have insane drive, are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, are a structured thinker and can execute flawlessly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The VP of Ops will oversee and manage the Account Management team, Creative team and Analytics team. They will oversee our day-to-day operations to ensure all client deliverables are in-place. They’ll lead partnership-efforts with our enterprise clients, be the executive voice from SocialWithin’s side, mentor and guide the team to efficiently grow the brands that we partner with.
Our vision is to become the world’s best consumer brands agency in the world – to create and scale build brands that people can’t stop thinking about. To that end, the VP of Ops will work closely with the CEO to oversee P&L, grow SocialWithin’s business by launching new services, hiring and recruiting great talent, and owning client partnerships.
You will have 6-8 direct reports.
- Serve as a business leader and represent the agency with clients and platform partners
- Motivate and lead account management, creative and analytics team; attract, recruit, and retain required members of the team not currently in place; provide day-to-day leadership and management reflecting the core values of the agency
- Ensure a healthy team culture is created and maintained; nurture leadership throughout the organization
- Business Strategy:
- Work closely with CEO to build strategic and realistic long-term planning informed by the needs of the team; break down long-term targets into short-term objectives
- Manage P&Ls, ensure internal operations of the organization run smoothly; put processes into place that allow the organization to deliver on mission, performance, and achieve goals
- Strategy development for entering new markets, prioritizing industry segments, analyzing partnership opportunities, etc.
- Collaborate on fiscal planning activities; including headcount, cross-functional partnership with sales, monthly and quarterly kickoffs, etc.
- Partner with other key leaders to launch new services and enable agency to become full-service across multiple domains
- Client Partnerships:
- Develop strong relationships with enterprise clients; possess senior-level and C-level communication skills including synthesizing insights, calibrating to the correct audience, leading a room, steering difficult conversations, and picking up on and adapting to sentiment
- Work with Analytics team to ensure we’re developing the most meaningful reports, dashboards and ad hoc analyses
- Build strategic partnerships with platforms that we build on (Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, etc.)
- Build smart and scalable processes to ensure all clients receive the same SocialWithin experience agnostic to their ad spend levels and the Account Management team servicing them; grow these systems from small sub-set of clients to a large set of clients
- Work with product and engineering team to roll out SamBot.io, SocialWithin’s proprietary ad tech solution, across the agency portfolio
- Systems thinker with data-driven and data-informed mindset
- Proven track record of building and scaling teams
- Experience leading teams, engaging and working with C-level on the client side
- Demonstrated success as a leader of change, achieving operational excellence by introducing new performance measures, processes and systems
- Problem-solver mindset and flawless execution across the board
- Demonstrates thoughtful risk-taking, challenges the status quo and confidently drives innovation and change for maximum impact on clients and the org
- Obsessive attention to detail tempered by extraordinary prioritization skills – knows when to act and when to be patient
- A deep connection to SocialWithin’s mission, vision and core values
- A versatile player. You can execute at ground zero and strategize at 30,000 feet.
- Humble and kind with a great personality
- BA/BS degree
- MBA from a top tier institution
- Deep knowledge of online business models and Internet/consumer technology
- Strong knowledge of Facebook ad products, SEM, email marketing and other digital customer acquisition tools
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to partners and brands
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- An opportunity to build something special
- Incredible company culture - our team looks forward to Monday mornings vs. Friday evenings.
- Performance bonus
- Health benefits—100% company paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Awesome office space near downtown Austin that’s stocked with snacks and munchies
- Taco Tuesdays, free barista coffee (daily), company events and industry conferences
- Complimentary 24-hour Fitness gym membership
COMPENSATION: very competitive salary with equity options
PLEASE NOTE: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with SocialWithin may include phone/video interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.