At SocialWithin, we ignite performance for consumer brands. Our mission is to build and scale brands that people love. Our deep expertise in paid acquisition enables us to drive strong performance for clients across e-commerce, retail and CPG verticals.
Join our team of smart, kind, passionate, collaborative, results-driven do-ers. We work hard every day to deliver remarkable experiences to our clients, and ultimately, their customers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a smart and highly motivated contributor to provide financial analysis and oversee our accounting and finance division. You will help upper management make strategic and operational decisions. The ideal candidate brings quantitative and analytic support to decision-making. They will focus their efforts on modeling results of the future, analyzing trends, and looking out for possible challenges emerging in the business before it fully impacts the financials. They will also manage the partnership with our CPA firm, ensure all AR/AP efforts are in-place and on-time, and drive controls across the organization to ensure company stays under budget.
You will help us transition from a startup to an enterprise. Candidate will report directly to CEO.
- Own the company financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Equity statements) including forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning
- Build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Manage and monitor performance against business and financial plans, ensuring that operating infrastructure, processes, and tools are in place to achieve financial targets. Develop monthly forecast updates based on performance assessment and input from management team
- Drive insightful analyses to determine opportunities within reported financial data. You will enhance our metrics capabilities and provide external benchmarks and analytics to inform decision-making
- Provide comprehensive variance analysis, highlighting trends and assessing results. Tracks risks and opportunities and develop recommendations to mitigate risks and/or capitalize on opportunities
- Support business decisions with detailed financial models incorporating assumptions, expectations and known risks. Identify business improvement opportunities leading to higher revenue, increased efficiencies, or cost savings. Develop insightful recommendations for forward financial planning and presents business cases to senior management
- Connect into the day-to-day operations of the company’s operating units to stay on top of developments and gather timely and actionable insight. You will develop and present to our CEO and senior management the most current information, analysis, and insights to help them understand company's short and long term financial position
Additionally, you will:
- Build pricing models for new services the company rolls out
- Participates in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans
- Do retention analysis on clients that are part of our portfolio and inform on any risks to our VP of Operations
- Own AR and AP; ensure financial controls are in-place and that the company is operating under budget
- Prepare annual operating budgets for monthly, quarterly and annual time periods
- Improve forecasting on monthly recurring revenue
- Coordinate and manage company's relationship with the CPA firm
- Ad hoc management reporting
- Create and send invoices to clients
- Elite Excel skills - Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Self-starter - You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Humble and kind with a great personality
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Investment Banking and/or Corporate finance /operational FP&A at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Incredible company culture - our team looks forward to Monday mornings vs. Friday evenings
- Free lunch catered daily
- Health benefits—100% company paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great career growth opportunity—you’ll have direct access to agency leadership
- Awesome office space near downtown Austin that’s stocked with snacks and munchies
- Taco Tuesdays, free barista coffee (daily), company events and industry conferences
- Complimentary 24-hour Fitness gym membership
JOB TYPE: Full-Time in Austin, TX.
PLEASE NOTE: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with SocialWithin may include phone/video interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.