Based in Austin, SocialWithin is helping build some of the best e-commerce brands in the world. Our mission is to create more value for others. Our core values inspire us to over-deliver on expectations and to create more success for the partners we serve.
Join our team of smart, passionate, collaborative, results-driven do-ers. We work hard every day to deliver remarkable experiences to our clients, and ultimately, their customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a People & Culture Manager (PCM), you'll focus on the important component of SocialWithin: our incredible people. You will serve as our in-house HR generalist and HR business partner, assisting with everything from recruitment, team member selection, on-boarding, training and professional development, performance management, employee relations, conflict resolution, organization design, compliance, strategic HR planning, and more.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for all-things-recruiting—forecasting our hiring needs based on business growth plans, and helping with on-boarding, off-boarding and compliance activities.
This is a big opportunity to shape a growing agency, and you’ll be a special strategist reporting directly to the CEO.
- Recruiting. We want to hire the best people and you'll lead all recruiting initiatives.
- On-boarding. Assist with team member on-boarding, create and share company documentation and employee handbook, and organize new hire orientation and training bootcamp.
- Training. Assist with training, professional and leadership development programs. Work with experienced team members to organize training sessions for both new and current employees. Professional development is key - you'll manage our learning & development (L&D) efforts.
- Performance management. Work with management to create and edit the expectations grid. Ensure performance feedback is delivered on-time and follows company's guidelines.
- HR. Day-to-day assistance of HR and people operations for a rapidly growing agency.
- Stay up-to-date on local, state and federal employment and labor laws, regulations and notices.
- Advise managers and staff on employment laws, policies and best practices.
- Oversee payroll and ensure the team is compensated accurately and on time.
- Help oversee benefits selection
- Culture. Implement company culture, values and policies as we look to grow.
- Employee relations and conflict resolution. Be the eyes and ears for the organization.
- Facilitate strong employee relations, conflict resolution, change management, and succession planning.
- Assisting with programs around team member-centric culture including team member recognition, events, and more.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years experience in an HR role within a start-up or high-growth setting
- Strong understanding of HR best practices and industry standards with great supporting examples
- Incredible people and organization skills and professionalism
- Awesome personality (low ego and high sense of humor)
- Problem-solver mindset, heavy attention to detail and flawless execution on all assigned tasks
- Able to prioritize ruthlessly and can manage multiple projects at once
- Team player, eager to learn, proactive, adaptable and flexible
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Incredible company culture - our team looks forward to Monday mornings vs. Friday evenings.
- Performance bonus available every half if you hit goals and exceed expectations
- Health benefits—100% company paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great career growth opportunity—you’ll have direct access to agency leadership and report to the CEO
- Awesome office space near downtown Austin that’s stocked with snacks and munchies
- Taco Tuesdays, free barista coffee (daily), company off-sites and industry conferences
- Free products (and discounts) from premier clients
- Complimentary 24-hour gym membership
PLEASE NOTE: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with SocialWithin may include phone/video interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.