Social Studies, Inc. is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our growing Sales Team. You will report to our VP of Revenue & Partnerships in NYC and work closely with our CEO and COO as we enter our fifth year of business.
You should have a background in media sales, an understanding of (and opinion on) the social marketing landscape, experience overseeing the sales cycle from start to finish, and strong brand-direct relationships in the CPG, Food + Beverage, Fashion + Beauty, or Retail verticals.
We're a small team comprised of next-generation thinkers and proven founders. Your impact on the future of the organization will be direct, immediate, and meaningful. Ambition and focus are highly valued.
- Join the team as new business director #2 in NYC; establishing culture and best practices for rapidly growing team
- Oversee and lead the sales cycle from prospecting and pitching to contract execution
- Cultivate relationships with clients cross diverse categories (CPG, Dining, Beverage, Retail)
- Build network and brand awareness throughout the industry, representing our core business offerings and values
- Work with team members to create proposals and packages for advertisers that align with their KPIs
- Build on existing key categories and open new ones in key growth areas.
- Maximize Social Studies’ core offerings in market while providing essential feedback on new products
Who We Are:
Social Studies is a results-driven influencer marketing agency created to inspire authentic conversations between innovative brands and social content creators at scale, fostering next-generation partnerships, meaningful engagement, brand equity and growth.
We pride ourselves on our culture and devotion to helping our clients navigate one of the most exciting areas in digital marketing, and in doing so we’ve been heralded by Adweek as the #12 fastest growing agency of 2019 (and their #1 influencer marketing agency in the United States). We fuse the qualitative power of a white-glove agency with proprietary analytics, establishing the new standard for best in class micro-influencer content marketing.
Our partners include leaders in CPG, Dining, Travel, Beverage and Retail, across Fortune 500 brands and startup companies alike. We are proud to manage influencer partnerships for innovators including Panera, Jack In The Box, Pepsi, Lola, Birchbox, and many more.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- 5+ years of experience in a sales-based, client-facing role in media + advertising
- Strong relationships and existing network of prospective clients (experience-building, selling to, servicing and growing a client database)
- Experience and ability in packaging and selling integrated suite of offerings across services, product, and activation; closing deal sizes from $100-500k
- Communication is your forte. You should be an excellent written, visual and verbal, communicator across all mediums
- Solution-oriented problem solver who quickly adapts to change and brings strategic solutions to the table
- On top of trends and happenings in all social platforms and measurement partners
- Work with Sales Management to build strategies for continued revenue growth and consistently brainstorm and innovate our offerings
- Able (and eager) to motivate, collaborate and inspire all those around you
- You’re psyched on startups. You’ve been making lemonade out of lemons throughout your career and are as comfortable strategizing with CMOs as you are getting into the nitty gritty of media plans
- Send a resume and intro email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to use the subject line [Director of Business Development]
- In the email, let us know:
- A brand partnership you were responsible for structuring. Who was the brand, what was the partnership, and what were the results?
- Your favorite creator on social right now and why. This can be an influencer, a brand, an organization, a public figure, etc
- One brand you’d love to work with and why