Director of Business Development
Social Studies, Inc is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our growing Sales team. You will report to our VP of Revenue & Partnerships and work closely with our executive team. You should have a relevant media background to oversee the sales cycle from start to finish, shepherd clients with finesse, and have strong relationships across top brands, agencies, and media companies.
Who We Are:
Social Studies is the agency and influencer marketing technology created to inspire authentic conversations through actionable data. We align innovative brands with emerging social content creators at scale, fostering next-generation partnerships that deliver meaningful results.
Fusing the qualitative power of a white-glove agency + our proprietary software, we established a new standard of process + efficiency rooted in data-backed marketing campaigns.
Our partners include leaders in CPG, Dining, Beverage, Travel, and Retail, across Fortune 500 brands and startup companies alike.
Tasks And Opportunities:
- Oversee and lead the sales cycle from prospecting and pitching to negotiating deals.
- Cultivate relationships with past, present and future clients from both brands and agencies with focuses across diverse categories (e.g. fashion, beauty, lifestyle, travel, CPG, dining, finance)
- Build network and brand awareness throughout the industry, representing our core business offerings and values
- Work with team members to create proposals and packages for advertisers that align with their KPIs
- Build on existing key categories and open new ones in key growth areas
- Exceed monthly sales goals and maximize Social Studies’ core offerings in market
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- 7+ years of experience in a sales-based, client-facing role; Preferably in a publishing, media, or advertising environment
- You’re psyched on startups. You’ve been making lemonade out of lemons since the ‘90s
- Strong relationships and existing network of prospective clients (experience-building, selling to, servicing and growing a client database)
- Experience closing deal sizes from 50k to 500k+
- Experience and ability packaging and selling integrated suite of offerings across services, product, and activation
- Proactive, results-driven team player
- Communication is your forte. You should be an excellent written, visual, and verbal communicator across all mediums
- Solution-oriented problem solver who quickly adapts to change and brings strategic solutions to the table
- A hybrid thinker who understands the importance of creative, strategic, and data-driven insights
- A team player who thrives on collaboration, but can work independently
- Proficient in a sales CRM like SalesForce or PipeDrive, G Suite, Keynote, and all social platforms