The Social Studies team is seeking a highly organized and driven full-time Office Manager who is sharp, outgoing, confident, organized, and possessed with impeccable written communication skills and strong common sense. This person will handle day-to-day office operations, assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on administrative tasks, corporate initiatives, and ensure flawless functioning of the office (both in a work from home, and physical capacity). This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to gain insight into the social media industry, startup landscape, + human resource realm, while also gaining practical experience in office management.
You are a Jack / Jill of all trades who is great at working autonomously and rolling up your sleeves for big and small jobs alike. Most importantly you feel right at home inspiring real change in a fast-paced, high-growth organization and are constantly looking for opportunities to improve the way(s) we work.
Who We Are:
Social Studies is a next-generation influencer marketing agency and analytics platform trusted by the world’s leading companies. For the past five years we have been fostering next-generation digital advertising partnerships between social media influencers and brands driving meaningful results, growth and brand equity.
We pride ourselves on our culture and devotion to helping our clients navigate one of the most exciting areas at the cutting edge of digital marketing, and in doing so we’ve been heralded by Adweek as the #12 fastest growing agency of 2019 (and their #1 influencer marketing agency in the United States). We fuse the qualitative power of a white-glove agency with proprietary data, establishing the new standard for best in class content marketing.
Our partners include leaders in CPG, Dining, Entertainment, Beverage and Retail, across Fortune 500 brands and startups alike.
Tasks and Opportunities:
- Manage all administrative duties for the CEO, including but not limited to managing calendars, travel, expenses, and meeting preparation. Be prepared to take on special projects and delegated tasks.
- Oversee the overall operations and efficiency of the office (WFH and in-person).
- Work with senior team on various tasks, including confidential human resources initiatives:
- Oversee and maintain all documents and logistical matters related to new employee hires, including an onboarding manual, offer letter, welcome packages, equipment set-up, etc.
- Manage office floor plans, space allocations, and create setup for all new employees. Oversee and manage all aspects of employee moves.
- Oversee and maintain all employee related documents including organizational charts, job descriptions, and employee review documents.
- Coordinate interviews for open job positions, employee review process, and assist employees with benefits questions.
- Participate in Senior Management meetings and assist in developing key agendas.
- Coordinate all-staff meetings, team outings, philanthropic opportunities, and retreats.
- Manage events for Social Studies, including influencer breakfasts, corporate events/parties, and all staff team-building events. Work with the finance to establish a budget, research options (venues, location sites, transportation, catering, permits as necessary, etc.), develop proposals and make recommendations, select vendors and sign contracts ensuring competitive pricing and oversee execution.
- Serve as point of contact for building management and facilities regarding building policies and work to be done or issues relating to maintenance of the space; IT & Telecommunications regarding purchased employee equipment; other vendors as needed; order office supplies.
- Greet guests warmly and professionally.
- Complete monthly T&E reports and pay department invoices.
- Assist with monthly financial close, expense review, accounts payable, and collections.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 - 5 years of experience
- Exceptional computer skills -- possesses a deep understanding of email etiquette, Apple Keynote, and GSuite Programs (Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) Microsoft Excel, organizational apps, etc.
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and work well under pressure.
- Basic knowledge and interest in social media platforms, particularly Instagram.
- A high level of tact and discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Highly organized and fast learner who exhibits strong judgement and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Proactive and results-oriented — Someone who takes ownership and accountability.
- Solutions-driven and ‘get-it-done’ mentality.
- Send a resume and intro email to email@example.com
- Be sure to use the subject line [Executive Assistant]
- In the email, let us know:
- Why you are a good fit for the position
- Your favorite creator on social right now and why. This can be an influencer, a brand, an organization, a public figure, etc