We are currently in the process of forming the data engineering team that would support our research (data science team) in delivering highly innovative features to our product. This data engineering team will also support other analytical initiatives within the company. You will be able to participate in the development of product features and data science projects using the most up to date cloud stack (Apache Spark, AWS cloud services, etc.). We have recently started experimenting with ML - so plenty of interesting things to do!
The suitable candidate should have a solid software engineering background (5+ years) and have 2 - 3 years of experience working on large-scale data engineering projects using spark (preferably pyspark). Knowledge of technologies like AWS Athena and Redshift is highly appreciated.
- Participating in the development and implementation of data engineering pipelines (example: large-scale pipelines processing 100s GBs of social media data daily)
- Go the extra mile and focus on delivering exceptional code (example: make sure the code is scalable and maintainable; optimize reasonably)
- Quickly learn all technologies required for delivery of our service (example: AWS release new technologies every few months; quickly understand what these new technologies could bring to our customers)
- Proactively help other team members when appropriate and on the other hand, seek support rather than trying to solve the problem on your own - communicate efficiently!
- As mentioned above - fast learner and curious personality is a must.
Skills & Qualifications
- Very good technical background (statistical/mathematical/computer science)
- Must have knowledge of SQL databases, Apache Spark
- Optional (not all, just some): python (pyspark), AWS Redshift/Athena, Jupyter, data lake design
- Willingness to learn new technologies and tools
- An organized way of working with a focus on disciplined delivery (both time and budget wise)
- Good communicator and team player
- A very proactive approach in solving problems
- English language
- Work in an international environment in the new modern offices in Karlín with a big terrace, and our own grill
- Agile and open-minded culture and a high level of flexibility
- Possibility to learn new technologies and encourage new ideas
- Chance to compete in a ping-pong tournament or to enjoy table football, Xbox, Yoga or run with colleagues, and nearly all year-round grilling parties, and other team buildings opportunities
- Workshops and meetings with various experts from the Czech market, internal trainings, language courses
- 25 days of holidays, 3 sick days, home office
- And others...it is definitely worth to meet with us!