Our client is a Seattle-based architectural design practice founded on the ideals that buildings serve as a bridge between nature, culture and people, and that inspiring surroundings have a positive effect on lives. The firm’s work can be found across the globe, with projects as wide ranging as huts to high rises, homes for art collectors, academic institutions, cultural and civic projects, museums and exhibition design, places of worship, creative work spaces, urban planning and interior and landscape design.
The position of Contracts Manager is a full-time position with a full benefits package including commuter subsidy; up to sixteen days of paid vacation and personal days, and nine paid holidays; 100% employer-paid employee medical insurance, life insurance, and disability and long term care insurance; as well as a menu of employee-paid benefit options for self and family members. In addition, the company offers a generous retirement plan.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for all aspects of contracts administration. Knowledge and experience with contract terminology, composition and management is necessary. This position requires the ability to communicate using legal and architectural industry terminology. This individual will have excellent patience, management and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work as an individual contributor and team player.
The Contract Manager is responsible for initiating, tracking, reviewing, and revising proposals, contracts, and other forms of documents and agreements required by the firm’s practice.
Essential Job Duties and Skills:
- Work with the firm’s Administration and professional staff to review every contract in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and processes.
- Work directly with the firm’s clients and consultants and their respective attorneys and/or representatives throughout the negotiation process.
- Make necessary recommendations and assist in revision of agreements as required.
- Manage the flow of contract documents and provide status updates for review by firm Administration.
- Review and provide oversight for all existing contracts by inspecting the contract database to assure agreements are in place as required.
- Monitor the life-cycle of projects to ensure the applicable agreement is put in place at the appropriate time.
- Review agreements for appropriate use of composition, language and grammar.
- Track the status of agreements within the firm and with its clients and consultants.
- Participate in the review and revision of agreements to ensure that each is consistent with the agreed upon requirements of the parties and provide appropriate support over the life of the agreement.
- Work with the firm’s legal counsel and marketing, finance and project management team to monitor the status of projects to determine the need for new agreements or changes in existing agreements.
- Effectively work in coordination with managers to analyze agreements and understand appropriate applications.
- Identify the need for new or changes to existing forms of agreement and make appropriate recommendations.
- Employ customer support skill, ensuring positive internal and external client relations when drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Exhibit good decision-making skill in resolving conflict or differences that arise in negotiation of new or existing agreements.
- Prime contact for all things insurance-related for the firm.
- Manage and monitor firm’s State registrations and business license requirements.
- Associates degree or paralegal certification (experience may be substituted)
- 5-years of related work experience with contract administration (familiarity with AIA documents and contracts is a plus)
- Clear and concise written, verbal and email communication skills are required
- Intermediate user of Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Able to independently manage time and prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Able to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information