· Expert level Administration of production Windows and Linux servers
· Expert level Administration of VMware/ESX
· Administration of Shared storage environments such as NAS/SAN devices from HP or Dell / EMC
· Ability to design and deploy complex IT infrastructure into multiple geographic locations, including optimized virtualization, advanced Active Directory administration, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems, global Web presence, Content Delivery Networks, and more.
· Familiarity with the installation and operation of a variety of open source software such as the LAMP stack.
· Familiarity with Administration of LAN/WAN networking products including Routers, Switches, Firewall devices, VPN’s, and more.
· General aptitude for scripting and programmatic optimization of repeated administrative processes in Linux and Windows environments.
· Aptitude for learning legacy systems and how they integrate into the workplace, and plan technology upgrades as appropriate.
· Good mentoring and training skills are required.
· Multitask efficiently in a high-energy office
· Must be highly skilled at documenting processes and procedures
· Act as an excellent Team player
· Based in Temple, TX but willing to work at multiple geographic locations within central Texas (Temple/Austin/Taylor). Other minimal travel may be required.
· Must demonstrate and exercise good verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Must be willing and able to be “on-call” after hours.
· Accept new tasks as assigned.
Discretion and Judgement:
· Employee will often set their own priorities based on general guidelines and direction.
· Employee must often compare alternative courses of action and make logical decisions.
· Employee must work well with ambiguity and tasks will not always be routine.
· Employee will have the authority and will be expected to make some decisions on their own, without direct guidance from supervisor.
AAS in a technical field such as Computer Science is required,
BS in a technical field such as Computer Science is preferred.
Substantial experience in related functions and/or industries may be considered as a substitute.