- Minimum 4 years selling Technical Support Services (help desk) - WILL NOT CONSIDER OTHER
- Minimum 4 years selling Tech Support to Hi-Tech Clients - WILL NOT CONSIDER OTHER
- Last 3 years must be new logo sales - NO EXCEPTIONS
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
A Director of Business Development (DBD) is responsible for the development and closing of all new business in their respective industry segment or territory to meet assigned quotas. The DBD takes on a portfolio of existing and/or strategic new prospects and/or clients. The DBD directs all sales relationship management, business development, and sales activities with these clients and is solely accountable for all new services from inception to contract closure. The DBD is accountable for new revenue generation at appropriate margin levels across all services and for all clients in their territory.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the sales relationship with each client/prospect in their territory at every level from the executive suite to departmental managers.
- Work with Enterprise customers in helping them get the most from their technology/business investments through positioning the appropriate support models.
- Understand the competitive landscape in the Enterprise product support market and be able to participate in design/solutioning of support experiences based on market/customer requirements.
- Drives new business through the identification, development, negotiation, and closure of new agreements with prospects and clients, and participates in the subsequent maintenance of client relationships.
- Target potential leads, qualify them, and lead the Sutherland pursuit team in crafting and positioning the deal. To this end, they leverage their industry, financial and business knowledge to create demand and persuade through the development and presentation of compelling value propositions and purchasing rationales.
- Specific new sales/revenue and profit margin targets are established annually by management for each DBD.
- Responsible for the smooth transition of new business from sales to delivery, coaching and mentoring account delivery leaders on client relationship management issues, providing feedback on client wants and needs to Sutherland’s strategic portfolio function.
- Ensuring compliance with Sutherland’s sales processes and business approval requirements, coordinating the relationship between key client personnel and Sutherland’s senior executives, and leading or coordinating global relationship management initiatives with other geographic units of Sutherland focused on the same client.
- Communicates with entire pursuit team to build and maintain a shared understanding of sales strategy, status, priorities, and next steps.
- Interfaces with client personnel and third party intermediaries as necessary to understand requirements and communicate related pursuit plans and activities.
- Responsible for managing the entire sales process from identifying prospects to negotiating contracts.
Other essential position functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and maintain territory sales plan and strong, qualified pipeline
- Identify prospects and create entry strategies for account and relationship
- Utilize business and financial knowledge to create value propositions
- Manage demand and qualify opportunities
- Execute competitive sales tactics to win business
- Coordinate deal crafting and positioning
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations
- Use sales automation and CRM tools effectively
Professional skills necessary to perform position functions include, but are not limited to:
- Industry Relationships and Knowledge— established relationships within targeted industries. Strong knowledge base of targeted industries and understanding of the key business issues and trends.
- Financial Acumen — ability to use financial tools, models and concepts to analyze a client’s business plan and finances in order to create compelling value propositions and purchasing rationale for driving sales closure, creating demand or assist client in creating approaches to overcome budget limitations.
- Deal Qualification — able to qualify and determine which sales pursuits Sutherland should invest resources by consistently applying a standard set of criteria, as well as gauging the competitor’s solutions. Disengages from deals not meeting minimum qualification standards early in the sales cycle.
- Communications — utilizes strong listening skills, evaluating client and team dialogue, and consistent understanding of goals, objectives, and conclusions. Uses various communication methods to involve and engage pursuit team members in collaborative discussions that result in efficient, quality decisions. Ensure the entire pursuit team is apprised of important information from the client and other team members timely and effectively.
- Stature and Presence — the ability to command the attention and respect of senior industry executives. Strong communications skills, both written and oral. Ability to present at a board/senior executive level.
- Issue and Risk Management — works with team to identify, confirm, communicate, mitigate and quickly resolve or escalate issues/risks within the pursuit process, the proposal to the client, or the final solution that will be responsibility of Sutherland delivery to deploy. Understands that questions or barriers that prevent team success must be quickly and decisively resolved to prevent loss of momentum or impact client deliverables.
- Planning — ability to develop, communicate and execute both tactical and strategic sales plans. Appropriately pursues business objectives with a bias for action and getting things done.
- Judgment — ability to think and act independently and exhibit consistently sound business judgment and an action-oriented ability to take measured risks and takes responsibility for the consequences. Sizes up situations quickly, as practical, and knows the right things to do and when to do them.
- Product/Offering Proficiency — comprehends the features, benefits and value propositions related to the products and services with the ability to translate knowledge into a business language and fluently articulate it within a client environment.
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Engineering, Finance or Computer Science; or related business experience.
- Requires a minimum 10+ years of BPO or technology solution selling experience in one of the following industries:
- Digital Disruptors
- Ability to establish CXO level relationships and have existing CXO relationships in one of the key industries (listed above)
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding yearly quota target for last 10 years and excellent prospecting skills
- Strategic sales, relationship, and account management experience at a BPO / ITO services organization
- Capability to understand Sutherland’s offerings and articulate those offerings to the industry and prospects
- Travel up to 70%
- Location is open