Too many brands struggle making mobile apps. The Sneakers Agency framework helps brands clarify their mobile strategy. Brands who work with us build better companies and bigger business opportunities.
Sneakers Agency is a full-service mobile-first digital product development agency focused on helping brands launch and grow their businesses. Our core branding, product, design, and development services help brands at every stage of their journey not only survive, but thrive. Sneakers Agency has been trusted by 50+ brands since 2014 from start-ups, to enterprises, to non-profits, and partner agencies. We are located in Soho, NYC.
We’re looking for a driven Junior Quality Assurance Engineer to manage the testing of mobile apps from conception to release; working alongside our design, strategy and operations teams to ensure that all products are successful and of the highest quality.
Our core values
- Be Leaders: Do everything we can to lead our customers to success.
- Pursue Excellence: When other people think something is good enough, we think we can do better.
- Empathize: See someone else’s point of view in every situation.
If this sounds like some of your values, keep reading and let’s talk.
What you’ll do
- Lead the creation of test cases and test suites for iOS and Android mobile applications
- Coordinate with product owners to insure that test cases have clear acceptance criteria
- Perform full system regression tests based off of test suites you've created and actively manage/maintain
- Perform smoke tests to quickly determine if a mobile app is generally working as expected
- Track recorded bugs in project management software
- Coordinate with product owners and engineers to resolve reported bugs
- Help engineers resolve critical bugs and provide testing of hot fixes
- Help establish internal guidelines for quality assurance best practices
- Learn and apply techniques for automated testing where applicable
What we look for
- A 4-year college degree
- A broad understanding of how software systems work
- A broad understanding of the software development lifecycle and practical hand-on experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with Git as well as knowledge of GitHub and best practices of working collaboratively with distributed teams a plus
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, Scrum or otherwise; familiarity using Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to give feedback on complex technical concepts and software solutions to project teams
- High degree of confidence operating in client-facing scenarios both in-person and on calls
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with test suite software
- Experience with automated mobile software testing a huge plus
- Familiarity with mobile testing platforms or mobile device farms a plus
If this sounds to you like your days would be interesting taking on this role, we’d love to talk with you.
No recruiters please.