Too many brands struggle with innovation. The Sneakers Agency framework helps brands clarify their digital strategy. Brands who work with us build better companies and bigger business opportunities.
Sneakers Agency is a full-service digital product development agency focused on helping brands launch and grow their businesses. Our core branding, product, and marketing services help brands at every stage of their journey not only survive, but thrive. Sneakers Agency has been trusted by 50+ brands since 2014 from start-ups, to enterprises, to non-profits, and partner agencies. We are located in Singapore.
We’re looking for a driven Director of Engineering to manage the engineering of products from conception to release; working alongside our design, strategy and operations teams to ensure that all products are successful and of the highest quality.
Our core values
- Be Leaders: Do everything we can to lead our customers to success.
- Pursue Excellence: When other people think something is good enough, we think we can do better.
- Empathize: See someone else’s point of view in every situation.
If this sounds like some of your values, keep reading and let’s talk.
What you’ll do
- Lead our frontend and backend web engineering efforts, providing the team with mentorship, guidance and career development opportunities
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team, including the Director of Mobile Engineering, to continuously improve our development process, delivery standards and output quality
- Assess the technical feasibility of newly-created product ideas and continuously propose implementation solutions while identifying risk throughout the design and development lifecycle
- Guide cross-functional project teams in developing estimates and overall implementation plans while leading effective cross-disciplinary collaboration throughout the project development lifecycle
- Prepare and deliver technical proposals and presentations to project stakeholders and prospective clients, with the ability to influence decision makers with clear and defensible rationale
- Promote and advocate for writing logical, pragmatic code, frequently performing code reviews
- Provide technical guidance that enables creative execution of dynamic user interface solutions for our frontend web development team
- Lead the solution architecture for various software systems and integrations, designing API interfaces, database storage
- Manage and oversee hosted environments, code deployments and release cycles, while also supporting problem analysis and troubleshooting to maintain optimal system reliability
- Contribute to and support ongoing development operations for the web engineering practice, including automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
What we look for
- Has 7+ years of professional, hands-on development experience
- 4+ years managing, hiring and leading software engineering teams
- Has an in-depth understanding of web development practices and technologies (HTML5, CSS3, HTTPs) and tools (Webpack, Docker, etc.)
- Familiar with software architecture patterns (SOA, Microservices, etc), database optimizations, infrastructure, scalability and deployment (AWS, Docker, etc.)
- A broad understanding of the software development lifecycle and practical hand-on experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Proficiency in Vue, React, Angular, or other modern JS SPA frameworks;
- Experience working with Python/Django or Node.js for developing modular RESTful APIs; familiarity or experience with GraphQL a plus
- Solid practical experience with Git as well as knowledge of GitHub and best practices of working collaboratively with distributed teams
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, Scrum or otherwise; familiarity using Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present and explain complex technical concepts and software solutions to clients and project teams alike
- High degree of confidence operating in client-facing scenarios both in-person and on calls
- A demonstrated experience inspiring and motivating teams
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Sketch and a strong appreciation for design is ideal
If this sounds like your days would be interesting, we’d love to talk with you.
No recruiters please.