About Sneakers Agency
Sneakers Agency is a Mobile Application development company specializing product strategy, UX research and design, UI design, development and support. We are based in Soho NYC working with startups and fortune 500 companies alike. Our work spans all forms of mobile development and include virtual, augmented and mixed reality. Our mission is to develop mobile products that are approachable, comfortable and seamless.
Sneakers Agency is looking for a passionate and self-starting UX/UI designer to help play an integral role on our digital projects. The role will include UX and UI work for web and mobile applications with an eye towards newer immersive technologies such as VR, AR and MR. Our ideal candidate can execute on UX research, wireframing and front-end design. The role will work with a cross functional team to help solve not only the user experience challenges, but work with other key stakeholders to ensure that the experience can be properly built and executed.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
UI-UX Designer job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience as an UI-UX Designer or similar role
- UI design portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Knowledge of Adobe range of products including Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- 3 years of experience with HTML5 & CSS3
- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction.