Sneakers Agency is a Mobile Application development company specializing in product strategy, UX research and design, UI design and support. We are based in Soho NYC working with startups and fortune 500 companies alike. Our work spans all forms of mobile development and include virtual, augmented and mixed reality. Our mission is to develop mobile products that are approachable, comfortable and seamless.
Sneakers Agency is looking for a passionate and self-starting UI/UX Designer to help play an integral role on our digital projects. The role will include UX and UI work for web and mobile applications including newer immersive technologies such as VR, AR and MR. Our ideal candidate can execute on UX research, wire-framing and mobile app and web design. The role will work with a cross functional team to help solve not only the user experience challenges, but work with other key stakeholders to ensure that the experience can be properly built and executed.
Our core values
- Be Leaders: Do everything we can to lead our customers to success.
- Pursue Excellence: When other people think something is good enough, we think we can do better.
- Empathize: See someone else’s point of view in every situation.
If this sounds like some of your values, keep reading and let’s talk.
What you’ll do
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
What we look for
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Designer or a similar role
- UI design portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Knowledge of a range of design products including Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe XD, Marvel, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Experience with HTML5 & CSS3 a plus
- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction.
If this sounds like your days would be interesting, we’d love to talk with you.
No recruiters please.