This full-stack development role has a rapid (6-12 month) opportunity to shift to operating as a team lead based on demonstrated capability and ramp-up time. We believe in equipping our people to shape their lives and careers in a manner that is fulfilling and not stagnant. Along those lines we will provide extra training, introductions, and significant team collaboration in the first 6 months to provide you with the information and tools you need to succeed.
- Working across multiple SPA's utilizing similar architectural flow including SOA API's in NodeJS.
- Recommend and advocate coding best practices including architectural patterns.
- Collaborate with other many other teams to build microservices that can serve many applications and scale independently within Docker (Docker experience not required)
- Regularly discuss ongoing objectives with product/project managers to tap into valuable information regarding business vision and to identify technical solutions that will meet business use-cases in a polished, sophisticated and customer pleasing manner.
- Fully embrace test-driven development and thorough PR code reviews in applications where these practices are in place including advocating improvements to these processes.
- Take a leadership position among contract, full-time, and 3rd party developers by removing technical obstacles, answering questions, and regularly soliciting feedback to improve the team.
- Develop with an "exceptions-based" approach to coding -- i.e. "what might go wrong?"
- Maintain regular exposure to the latest SPA innovations as well as the ability to competently discuss Angular, React, Vue, etc in a manner that demonstrates philosophical-level understanding and mitigates solution bias.
- Demonstrate a consistent effort to improving sprint estimations, alerting key stakeholders of unexpected challenges or delays, follow through on commitments and openness to adopting new tactics for achieving and maintaining a steady story-point velocity.
At Snaptech we are passionate about creating software that empowers people to explore their wildest ideas. We are looking for candidates that want to be a part of that mission and are comfortable thinking abstractly, innovating playfully, and openly engaging in dialog. Character matters in our community and we want that to resonant individually beyond any role-specific responsibilities.
We love to see engagement in StackExchange, Github, and other channels that demonstrate an openness to asking questions, a positive and supportive attitude towards the contributions of others, and a hunger for exploring and sharing tech innovation. We are looking for candidates who have:
- 3+ years experience developing React SPA's (will consider extensive AngularJs experience as an alternative)
- Excellent comprehension of CSS including responsive design, selectors, scoping, and modular approaches for use in SPA's
- Github, NodeJs, Yarn, including CLI
- 1-2+ years of experience actively writing unit tests for JS. Excellent comprehension of Mocha/Chai/Jasmine/Jest testing philosophy, dependency injection, code-coverage tactics, and utilizing "test-first" approach for developing API micro-services.
- Several years of experience leading web or front end application teams in technique and technology adoption
- 2+ years of exposure to C# and the ability to competently program in Visual Studio
- Ability to work as a full-stack developer with a keen eye for UI
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Jira or equivalent, sprint commitments, )
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree. Or 4 years of additional experience working in a CS web-focused position.
- ES2017+ including use of async patterns such as async/await (strongly prefer comprehension of ReactiveJs which directly connects to threaded/parallelizable execution)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience with Webstorm, LESS/SASS, WebPack
- Bootstrap v3/v4
- Kendo UI
- ReactiveJs (Observables flow)
- Unix command line tools
- Redux state synchronization between browsers or for Universal Rendering
Find out more about us at http://snap.tech