Position: Field Sales Assistant
Department/Division: Laudisi Distribution Group
Laudisi Distribution Group, which we fondly refer to as LDG around here, is the sole U.S. importer and distributor of Savinelli and Rossi pipes and accessories, and Savinelli pipe tobacco. We’re also the U.S. distributor of C&D and G. L. Pease pipe tobacco brands, which is manufactured just down the road by our sister company Cornell & Diehl. It’s our business, responsibility, and privilege to make sure that the finest retailers of pipes and pipe tobaccos in the country have access to the widest and best selection of the brands we offer, which means we work hard in the office, out on the road, and at trade and trunk shows all over America. It’s a big job, and it’s getting bigger. And we need help.
Our Field Sales Assistant will work under the direction of our National Sales Manager to assist the field sales team with a host of various assignments. He or she will be responsible for assisting our customers by phone and email, booking and processing orders, supporting logistics for trade and trunk shows, and any number of other office or field tasks as they pop up. The Field Sales Assistant may need to travel in support of Laudisi Distribution Group’s sales operations a few times a year, also.
Specific job duties will include...
- Provide the highest level of customer service when dealing with inquiries by phone and email
- Take direction from the field sales force to help manage retailer backorders, product requests and other delegated tasks (eg. building trunk shows, expediting shipping orders, assisting receiving orders, sorting out travel itinerary issues as needed)
- Provide logistics support for events & tradeshows
- Manage and respond to consumer inquiries
- Manage inventory of and requests for marketing materials
Specific skills & attributes we’re looking for...
- Excellent customer service skills
- Personable, sales driven demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Material & relevant sales experience
- Proficient work-group skills; sharp situational awareness
- Can follow directions with competence and internalize & learn from constructive feedback
- Strong multitasker, coordinator, organizer
- And the basics:
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to lift 30lb.
- Scheduling flexibility sufficient to be able to work overtime occasionally
- Familiarity with our brands & our products
- Familiarity with pipes & pipe tobacco
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
- Health insurance: Company pays 65-75% of employee's premium, depending on plan, & 20% of dependent's premium.
- 401(k): Company matches up to 4% of pay.
- Short-term Disability: Company pays.
- Dental & Vision Insurance: Employee pays.
- Life Insurance, $20,000-30,000 policy (depending on other elected benefits: Company pays. Additional low cost life insurance available also.
- Vacation and Holiday Pay: Tiered based on time with company.
- Please do not apply if you are unable or unwilling to work in a smoking environment.
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check.
Our hiring and employment practices are based solely on job related criteria, and we do not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law.