Position: Customer Service Associate
Department: Sales & Customer Service
The Smokingpipes.com Customer Service team is growing! Smokingpipes.com is the largest (and the best, really) online retailer of pipes, pipe tobacco, and pipe & pipe tobacco accessories. We take what we do seriously, and we're looking for someone as enthusiastic as we are about pipes & pipe tobacco to help point our customers to the kinds of products they're looking for. It's en esoteric hobby, and our customers generally have lots of questions! Who are we looking for? As everyone's go-to, you have a general knowledge of many things, but are constantly looking to learn more. People come to you for help, and you love it. Energetic and friendly, others can hear your smile through a phone call, or see it through an email without the use of emoticons. We want you for our customer service team.
Smokingpipes.com is looking for a bright and gregarious problem solver dedicated to being a 'Champion of Service' for our growing customer base. A customer service champ provides the highest level of service possible to all customers he or she interacts with through telephone conversations, email, and face-to-face meetings while demonstrating an intimate knowledge and passion for all things relating to pipes and pipe tobacco. He or she continually strives to improve the customer experience to guarantee customer loyalty.
General Required Skills:
- Exceptional communication skills—both written and verbal
- Personable, energetic, professional, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work with employees at all levels in the organization
- Thrives on working in a highly collaborative and creative environment
- Proficiency in a Windows based environment and internet savvy
- Familiarity and general working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Drive directed towards personal and professional growth
Specific Customer Service Skills:
Willing to travel 1–2 weeks per year
Previous customer service experience preferred, but not required
Seasoned pipe smoker or strong affinity to pipes
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation: $13.00 to $15.00 based on product knowledge
- Health insurance: Company pays 65-75% of employee's premium, depending on plan, & 20% of dependent's premium.
- 401(k): Company matches up to 4% of pay.
- Short-term Disability: Company pays.
- Dental & Vision Insurance: Employee pays.
- Life Insurance, $20,000-30,000 policy (depending on other elected benefits: Company pays. Additional low cost life insurance available also.
- Vacation and Holiday Pay: Tiered based on time with company.
- Please do not apply if you are unable or unwilling to work in a smoking environment.
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check.