Position: Production Associate
Department: Cornell & Diehl
Cornell & Diehl is one of the finest and most highly regarded manufacturers of high quality, boutique pipe tobacco in the United States. Prized by pipe smokers, literally, all over the world, our pipe tobaccos are some of the most interesting and popular blends available, and it all starts right here in the big kitchen in Longs, SC we like to call a pipe tobacco factory.
We’ve grown a lot, especially in the last few years, and our dedicated team continues to grow with it. If you’re ready to be gratified by a hard day’s work, if you’re eager to work with your hands to create something that people love, and if you’re ready to join a tight-knit crew of individuals that make up the heart of our craft product, we might just have the perfect job for you.
What you’ll do…
- Effectively cooperate in the craft of hand packaging our boutique goods
- Quickly apply, by hand, artwork we design in-house to the products we make
- Interface well with our homegrown software system to understand the assembly routine managing our vast portfolio of artisanal tobacco blends
- Participate with other folks who do good, hard work for a storied, reputable and successful small business of handmade pipe tobacco blends
- Help ensure a clean and safe production environment
What you need to bring to the table…
- The kind of hustle one finds in a kitchen Expeditor
- The kind of efficiency, accuracy, and ambition for perfection one finds in a Sauté Chef
- Strong communication and problem solving skills. (Seriously, every job ad ever has got these two bits in it, but for real we’re a growing company working with an esoteric product—when things come up, you’ve got to be able to make yourself understood and contribute to the discovery & troubleshooting process.)
- You’re a go-getter! If the idea of working hard with interesting, creative, talented and likewise hardworking people is exciting, this is the job for you.
- And the basics:
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to lift 30lb
- Scheduling flexibility sufficient to be able to work overtime occasionally
- Familiarity with our brand & our products
- Familiarity with pipes & pipe tobacco
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation: $12; full-time work
- Health insurance: Company pays 65-75% of employee's premium, depending on plan, & 20% of dependent's premium.
- 401(k): Company matches up to 4% of pay.
- Short-term Disability: Company pays.
- Dental & Vision Insurance: Employee pays.
- Life Insurance, $20,000-30,000 policy (depending on other elected benefits: Company pays. Additional low cost life insurance available also.
- Vacation and Holiday Pay: Tiered based on time with company.
- Please do not apply if you are unable or unwilling to work in a smoking environment.
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check.
Our hiring and employment practices are based solely on job related criteria, and we do not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law.