ASSISTANT TO CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Smith Hamilton is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will work directly with the CEO and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with competitive compensation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers and screens telephone calls in a professional and timely manner; takes accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy; arranges conference calls.
- Exercises considerable judgement and discretion in handling requests for appointments and telephone calls.
- Reviews and responds to daily internal/external mail and overnight packages; sends and receives faxes.
- Prepares daily mail for CEO.
- Composes, types, and distributes professional correspondence and memoranda, emails and faxes, using individual initiative and as assigned.
- Proactively establishes, and maintains highly organized filing system; files correspondence and other records.
- Coordinates CEO’s calendar and schedules appointments, ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedule awareness.
- Meets and greets visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Coordinates travel arrangements; completes expense reports and processes invoices; ensures that correct account codes are used and required signatures obtained.
- Conducts research; compiles and types statistical reports.
- Coordinates meetings including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Attends meetings and other functions as needed.
- Prepares work agreements and proposals and maintains appropriate records and files.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with CRM system (eg. SalesForce) and practices
- Proficient in Excel, G Suite, SalesForce
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Organizational Skills -- managing the efforts of multiple people to achieve desired results requires staying on top of things and collaborating extensively
- Multitasking – the ability to prioritize and deal with demands coming from various directions, including reps in the field, requires a level head
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing--Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.