Big Data AWS Specialist
This software engineer is at the core a technologist with a broad skill set that brings enhanced value to the product development life cycle. The big data developer role is responsible for building key components of a data platform for a major healthcare player in Nashville.
- Designs, modifies, implements, tests, and provides operational support for enterprise software products and platforms, including software infrastructure and development tools for Data Platform components and modules in AWS-hosted environments
- Engages in building solutions leveraging technologies including but not limited to Scala, Spark, Hive and AWS services such as EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Kinesis, SNS, Redshift, Data Pipelines
- Provides consultation on complex projects within AWS and is considered to be a top-level contributor for AWS clusters.
- Capacity to train and lead team for AWS services specifically for S3, EMR, EC2, Lamda, SNS and SQS. Databases RDS, Dynamo DB and Redshift.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals according to timelines and budgets agreed upon with business stakeholders
Communicates proactively and effectively with team members and other project stakeholders in a highly Agile environment