***Note to applicants: Following the completion of your application on our website, you will receive a confirmation email. Please open up the email and click the button to confirm your application in order for us to properly receive and review your application.
We are looking for a reliable system engineer to provide Tier I deskside support to our client in the San Francisco Financial District area. The system engineer will be responsible for ensuring the availability, performance, and security of the IT infrastructure. This is a contract position with part-time hours expected to last about a year. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. Details on required proficiencies, days, and hours may be found below.
- Strong experience with Office, Windows 7/10
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office 365
- Macabacus 2016 (auditing tool plugin for Excel) Proprietary
- Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Acrobat DC
- GoToMeeting, Skype, Zoom
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- VMware SSL VPN-Plus Client
- Card Scan software
- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer
- Hosted by BAE spam filter – SilverSky
- Hosted Exchange BAE (both office) (we call for support and configuration)
- Hosted Cisco phone from West IP Communications (both office) (we call for support and configuration)
- Office 365 for application only
- On-site single Server Domain Controller with DFS to our rediCloud Cloud solution
- Site to site VPN only with San Francisco to rediCloud (rediCloud is us)
- The job site is located in the Financial District very close to public transportation bus/subway; there is no free parking.
- 1st visit is lined up for a full day (8 hours) during the first week.
- Following this, it will be two visits per month for 4 hours each on the first and third Tuesday of each month.
The candidate will be required to pass a drug screen & background check, and be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and timeliness. Candidate will need their own laptop. We will provide knowledge transfer and assistance from the service desk as needed. We have a *very* strict attendance policy and you will be dismissed if late or absent without advance notice accompanied by documented explanation of the circumstance regarding your tardiness. Attendance incidents will be reviewed on a case by case basis.