SMARTECH is a National Service Provider of PC, Server, and Printer maintenance and repair. We are looking to build our network of professionally certified hardware repair technicians in nearly all areas of the United States. If you are a highly motivated individual who is looking to work in a fast paced field service role and share our vision of providing industry-leading technical services then consider joining our team as an independent contractor!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Interacts with customer responding to technical questions or requests for information.
· Processes timely and accurate information to ensure compliance with warranty requirements of vendors.
· Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns.
· Escalates problems and issues to a higher level of support. This includes service that exceeds response time, repair time, lack of parts, or any other issue that could impact customer satisfaction.
· Primarily provides Tier 2& 3 level support.
· Performs maintenance tasks, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment and can train junior techs on these efforts.
· Performs computer hardware and software installations and can train junior techs on these efforts.
· Proficient in troubleshooting and repair of various manufacturers’ laptops, desktops, printers and peripherals.
· Working Knowledge and hands on experience supporting handheld devices, iPhones, Blackberries etc.!
· Be particularly sensitive to avoid violations of customer policies and procedures in the course of troubleshooting which would risk the integrity of customer’s data.
· Document time and/ or trouble tickets and other administrative tasks.
· Resolve user requests or service through the customer’s work order system if applicable
· Coordinate support across multiple departments to provide I.S. Maintenance.
· Coordinate effort with Team Lead and Supervisor
· Working knowledge of running Team reports
· Working knowledge of running Client reports
· Working knowledge and understanding of client’s hardware platforms
· Working knowledge and understanding of clients’ software and user base
· Able to be back up to Team Lead and take on the responsibly while the Team Lead is out
· Coordinate efforts with Workstation Engineers when needed to solve complex issues
· Configure network printing and IP addressing if applicable to client needs.
· Install, move, upgrade and change equipment hardware and software based on project / client needs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of network concepts, Windows 2010 and Office 2010
· Excellent Communication skills
· Experience supporting as many of the following platforms and environments as possible; Windows 2010, network concepts, connectivity, passwords, security etc.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years plus of related work experience, working and hands on knowledge of MS OS and MS Office Products, high school diploma, or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of client environment of hardware and software.
- High School Diploma or GED required, college degree preferred.
- A+ certification preferred
- Ability to travel to other Bell Industries sites; overnights on some occasions
- Other major product line certifications obtained within 6 months of employment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
· Must be able to work outside of normal business hours and work days.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Manual dexterity to use keyboard to input information