***Note to applicants: Following the completion of your application on our website, you will receive a confirmation email. Please open up the email and click the button to confirm your application in order for us to properly receive and review your application.
Our company currently has an opportunity for a professional and experienced individual to fill the role of IT Field Technician to service the Irondale area. The Field Technician will be the main point of contact for our clients who are experiencing computer issues. If you have experience in providing on-site hardware replacements on various IT equipment, this can be a great opportunity for you! This job is perfect for the technician who can work under minimal supervision, enjoys working with customers, and enjoys working in the field.
We are looking for reliable, hardworking individuals, who have the ability to self-manage, and love what they do. This is a great opportunity to get more experience as a technician as well as further your abilities through the certifications that we can provide at no cost to you! You will have the opportunity to set your availability, plan out your routes, and perform computer hardware repairs. This is ideal for people who have availability during standard business hours to earn some extra income!
The Field Technician performs duties associated with installing, maintaining and servicing computer-related products, including but not limited to desktop & laptop computers, printers, network devices, standard software, and low-end document processors at customer sites, Infrastructure Managed Services (IMS) environments and/or depot locations, and may be directed by Help Desk, Service Desk or script using standard methods, techniques and tools. Assignments range in complexity from basic troubleshooting and repair to more difficult device repair.
- Providing break-fix support for Dell, HP, and Lenovo products & equipment..
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Provides hardware break-fix, troubleshooting, hardware component replacement.
- Ability to accept and complete all assigned service calls..
- Performs installs, moves, adds and changes in a client environment.
- Attend to all administrative tasks to ensure proper acknowledgement and closure of assigned calls.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor, and dress.
- Ensures customer satisfaction throughout.
- Must have experience/knowledge of PC, laptop, server, and tablet hardware repair.
- Related degree, technical school certification, or 1-2 years of equivalent experience..
- Must be willing to get certified in new information and skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be a local candidate and be available for immediate hire.
- Must have a valid driver license, insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Must take and pass a comprehensive background check to include 7-year criminal history.
- Must be able to carry and/or lift tools, kits or parts of up to 50-75 lbs.