***Note to applicants: Following the completion of your application on our website, you will receive a confirmation email. Please open up the email and click the button to confirm your application in order for us to properly receive and review your application.
SMARTECH is a premier provider of complimentary maintenance services to world-class service organizations. We have a team of qualified IT technicians across the United States that service more than 100,000 desktops, laptops, printers, servers, networks, ATMs, and Point of Sale equipment each year. We are looking to build on our network of professional certified hardware repair technicians in nearly all areas of the US. Our company currently has an opportunity for a qualified professional to fill the role of IT Support Technician in the Alexandria area.
The technician will be the main point of contact for our clients who are experiencing computer issues. If you have experience in providing on-site hardware replacements on various IT equipment, this can be a great opportunity for you! Assignments range in complexity from basic troubleshooting and repair to more difficult device repair. The majority of your work will involve the repair/replacement of pre-diagnosed, warrantied products.
This can be a great opportunity to get more experience as a technician as well as further your abilities through the certifications that we can provide at no cost to you. You will have the opportunity to set your availability, plan out your routes, and perform computer hardware repairs. This is ideal for people who have some availability during the standard work week to earn some additional income!
- Takes routine service calls and performs basic installations.
- Provides hardware break-fix, troubleshooting, hardware component replacement.
- Supports low-end document processing products.
- Performs installs, moves, adds and changes in a client environment.
- May provide basic deskside support of personal computers (desktops & laptops) and associated software.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor, and dress.
- Provide excellent customer service skills and a desire to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Organize and prioritize service calls in consultation with SDC in order to meet the overall needs of our customers and Service Level Agreements.
- Follow necessary documentation, call closure and parts tracking processes and procedures.
- Must have experience/knowledge of PC, laptop, server, and tablet hardware repair.
- Must be willing to get certified in new information and skills.
- Must be a local candidate, available for immediate hire, and be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
- Must take and pass a comprehensive background check to include 7-year criminal history.
- Must be able to carry and/or lift tools, kits or parts of up to 50-75 lbs.