The following requirements are must-haves for this position.
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot - you are a power user
SmartBug Media is a fast-growing and nationally recognized inbound marketing agency and content marketing expert. Based in Irvine, California, SmartBug Media has built its name and client base by delivering game-changing marketing campaigns that increase traffic, leads, customers and brand value. SmartBug is the highest rated HubSpot Partner in the world and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies.
SmartBug hires the best people for their positions, whether you are remote or local.
Do you love digital marketing and online media? Are you looking to work with really bright people who respect you for your contributions and your character? Do you want to dominate your career without killing your personal life?
If so, you should consider becoming one of our Marketing Consultants. Marketing Consultants at SmartBug Media are hands-on production positions where you will deliver inbound marketing services while you acquire the necessary skills and experience to advance to the level of Marketing Strategist.
We’re looking for responsible, accountable and driven marketers who want to be a long-term, respected contributor to our team. You’ll combine your existing skills and a world-class training program into success in an exploding market for inbound marketing, analytics, and marketing automation. You will be challenged every day and you will develop the skills and track record that will make even your mama proud!
We’re building a different kind of agency at SmartBug Media – one where you can deliver great results, have a great time with people you respect and still embrace the things that matter in life.
SmartBug offers a significant training opportunity to ensure you have the skills and the practice required to ensure success for both you and our clients. If you don’t have them already, your first assignment will be to complete your Inbound Marketing Certification and HubSpot Certification. From there, you’ll complete our comprehensive consultant training to prepare you to hit the ground running. Our consultant training program was created by two HubSpotter who are senior members of our team.
The Day to Day
You will work hand-in-hand with Senior Consultants that create game-changed inbound marketing programs for a core set of clients. This means you’ll gain valuable experience in the strategy behind inbound marketing, grooming you to move into this role. At the same time, you’ll take the leadership position in executing these plans and exceed their expectations – on schedule and on budget. You’ll manage writers and designers, source content and create compelling offers and ensure SmartBug and your clients are in complete alignment. You will quickly become a SmartBug ninja and will spend part of your time ensuring you stay up to speed and utilize the newest tools.
We’re a flat organization and we’re hiring you because you’re smart, driven and want to win – just like us. That’s why you’ll have a seat at the table and your ideas heard in making SmartBug Media the most rewarding inbound marketing agency on the planet.
Will your success as an Associate Inbound Marketing Consultant make you our next rock star? We hope so.
- Become an expert in inbound marketing tactics including blogging, social media marketing, search engine optimization, e-book/white paper/video content creation, website updates, email marketing, and others
- Become a HubSpot and SmartBug process ninja and keep up with software updated and best practices, educating your teammates as required.
- Project manage a team of content creators, developers and designs to execute campaign deliverables
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports to highlight wins, areas of improvement and recommendations for future programs
- Collaborate with Consultants on on-going strategic plans
- Stay informed about inbound marketing industry developments
- Become the resident expert on your client's industry and marketing
- Contribute to the client and internal content development.
- Continually stay on top of inbound marketing trends and industry advancements
- Practice your craft by contributing to SmartBug Media’s blog and social media presence
- Have fun and make some great friends!
Experience and Education Required:
- 2-5 years experience with online marketing and social media
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Journalism and/or strong writing skills are required
- Inbound certification or HubSpot certification a plus
- Strong hands-on HubSpot experience
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to manage projects
- Tenacious belief in hitting deadlines and meeting commitments
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively based on customer requirements
- Passion for the Internet and marketing with a strong understanding of inbound marketing
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and independent management skills
- Strong communicator with excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Understanding of major social media platforms
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization
- Basic knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- The desire to learn on your own and keep up with inbound marketing and Internet marketing developments and best practices
- Great writing skills and storytelling skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Proficiency in blogging platforms and/or content management skills
Our extensive employee benefits program includes:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Medical, dental, vision with agency contribution
- 401k plan with Company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Short- and long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely