Ready to do something that truly makes a difference?
Sling & Stone is the public relations agency for the world’s most ambitious brands. We were born to unearth, craft and share the stories of those shaping the future, disrupting their industries and changing the world.
We want you to help us do exactly that. We’re on the hunt for our next PR leader: an Account Director who’s passionate about FinTech and broader business technology brands.
What would your role be?
- You’ll work closely with our executive team including our Global Head of Business and Global Head of Consumer to continue to grow our burgeoning portfolio FinTech brands
- You’ll manage a portfolio of clients that you truly believe in — you will choose your clients, rather than being assigned
- You’ll develop and drive the strategy and creative of a number of campaigns/accounts, ensuring satisfaction across your client portfolio
- Act as the senior client relationship lead, with the support of Senior Account Manager
- Oversee campaign project management, including ensuring quality control on all work produced and being brand guardian for client partners
- You’ll help lead a team of smart, ambitious go-getters who always raise the bar
- You’ll have the opportunity to chase clients you’ve dreamed of working with, lead new business pitches and drive organic growth
- You’ll develop scopes of work, manage service levels with meeting deliverables, while keeping teams engaged and motivated to deliver the best results at all times
- You’ll have a life outside of work and will operate in a meritocracy with no politics
- You’ll continue to build, nurture, and grow relationships with top tier media, influencers, stakeholders and industry bodies
- You’ll support and lead a variety of internal Sling & Stone agency projects ranging from training to recruitment, marketing, training, internships, networking and many other options depending on your personal passion areas
What can you bring to the team?
- You’ll be witty, confident, and know your stuff but are considerate and not arrogant
- Six or more years experience doing PR, at an agency or in-house (and know how to juggle various things at once while remaining measured)
- You are a communicator by nature with a passion for telling stories
- Great media/stakeholder relations skills and relationships, but also have the mindset and abilities to be able to take campaigns to the next level — through digital, social, events, activations, corporate communications and more
- You think strategically, critically, and importantly, you’re have gumption and know when and how to be playful. You ask a lot of questions and you are constantly looking for ways to build upon your successes
- You know how to build an affinity with your clients and what they stand for; we are extensions of them and the goals they have, not arm’s length contractors
- You are able to tune-in to many situations — be it with clients, your colleagues, the media or industries your clients service — and then turn those insights into solutions focussed actions
And last but not least, here’s a bit more about us:
- We’re a global team of more than 55 spanning Australia, United States and New Zealand, delivering truly global campaigns
- We’ve been named the top PR agency in Australia, the best place to work, and a whole bunch more
- We’ve built a dream portfolio of clients shaping the future — from Uber to Twitter, Slack to CSIRO and more. Our work is redefining how people, cities, business and space operate and connect
- We offer competitive salaries, conduct regular performance reviews to ensure professional growth is a constant conversation and operate as a meritocracy
- We provide ongoing training across all levels, as well as an annual $500 UpSling allowance, which Slingers can put toward external learning and development opportunities of their choice
- We encourage flexible working and equip Slingers with standing desks and the best Apple hardware and technology solutions, enabling them to be productive wherever they choose to work
- We’re different to other agencies, and it’s important to understand how and why. Here’s a bit of background: slingstone.com/join-the-team/
- Read what our CEO said about how we choose the clients we partner with (and in turn, the brands you get to represent): bit.ly/2au8sEy
- Check out our Sydney headquarters (where you’ll be based) and a bit of a day in the life of our agency: bit.ly/2scw4Ex
Sound like your dream job?
If you’re craving a change and want to work for a different agency that gives you input in shaping how the business grows, hit apply and send us your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you’re the person of our dreams.