If you: a) love b2b tech and startups, b) live/want to live in LA, and c) want a unique chance to do impactful work while being part of an entrepreneurial team, then read on...
Our Senior Account Managers / Account Supervisors unearth, define and share stories of the world’s most ambitious brands, shaping the way we work, live and play. And in doing so develop strategies, lead campaigns, manage teams, win new business, mentor staff, and spearhead agency projects. If you think you’re our next Slinger keep reading...
We’re one of the fastest-growing agencies, with multiple Best Place to Work and Agency of the Year awards. We represent clients like Uber, Slack, Stripe, Google, Twitter and more. For this role specifically, you'll be working with some early-stage entrepreneurs to help define their story, and some established innovators and unicorns. They're all shaping the future and need your guidance.
To be successful in securing this role, you will need to:
- Have 4-7+ years of experience (minimum four years of experience in communications, ideally in a PR agency)
- Have a passion and demonstrated success working with startup companies or brands
- Have excellent and succinct communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Have strong media relationships in business and tech industries, with the ability to take ownership of a story idea and run with it
- Be ready to think big, bravely, and strategically, and to work as a true partner to clients while balancing multiple priorities
- Be passionate, proactive, and have incredible attention to detail
- Be creative and curious in nature and ready to question everything
- Be a master pitcher, but never one who limits their thinking to traditional PR
- Have a high standard for the quality of your work
- Have high EQ. We're a team-first company, no brilliant jerks
- Know how to take your work seriously without taking yourself too seriously.
What you'll get:
- Learning. Access to entrepreneurs, founders, management teams. Regular training, both structured education and on-the-tools hands on development.
- Purpose. Have an impact with your work. The stories you help to unearth, craft, and share will change how people live, work, and play.
- Global. You get to be part of a global agency, and work on global campaigns. Your focus is on US storytelling but you will have the chance to spread your wings. We even have an annual company retreat in Australia.
- Balance & benefits. We have great healthcare benefits, and balance matters to us. We think balanced Slingers make the best teammates. We have team outings, social gatherings, an onsite gym, and work hard to put structure and resources behind you being able to do the best work of your career without burning out. We know this is a fast-paced, energetic industry, which is why we love it.
- Specialization. We have a breadth of clients across every industry. But it’s only a special type of ambitious brand that we’ll work with — those who genuinely want to shape the future. If the driving force in your career is run PR for an already established, slower-moving brand, this role might not be a fit for you. However, if you love working with high-growth companies and fast-moving startups, and you enjoy creating new processes, finding new angles, and developing and executing on PR strategies completely from the ground up – you're in the right place.
- Team. You’ll work alongside a hungry, passionate, whip-smart team in our great new Playa Vista digs. With great support and guidance, you’ll also have the freedom to show us and the world what you’re capable of.
Our next Slinger should be ready to take a step up and challenge themselves, their thinking, and the way things have been done before.
Sound like your dream job?
If you’re craving a change and want to work for a different agency that gives you input in shaping how the business grows, hit apply and send us your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you’re up for the challenge.