Are you looking to get your start in the PR industry, but instead of being an envelope-pusher or coffee-getter, you want to get your hands dirty and have a real impact? Do you want to work with brands on the cutting-edge of their relevant industries?
If you’re craving some deeper meaning from your PR work, we want to talk to you. We're on a mission to unearth, craft, and share the stories of the most ambitious brands shaping the future. We're building a new type of global PR agency.
This is a role where you will gain a wide range of experience — both in running high impact PR campaigns, and in being an important part of a fast-growing business. You'll be part of creative campaigns, crafting compelling stories, pitching media daily, supporting events, and doing interesting, challenging work.
Want to know more?
Here’s a taste of Sling & Stone:
- We’re a global team of more than 50 spanning Los Angeles, Sydney, and Auckland, delivering truly global campaigns
- We’ve been named the top PR agency and best place to work for four years running
- We’re deliberate about which brands we work with, and say no to those who don’t fit our philosophy of shaping the future
- We give all Slingers the opportunity to build a career that’s right for them, giving them the training, skills and support to develop new passions, services and client portfolios
- We’re different to other agencies, and it’s important to understand how and why before you apply. Here’s a bit of background: slingstone.com/join-the-team/
- Read what our CEO said about how we choose the clients we partner with (and in turn, the brands you get to represent): bit.ly/2au8sEy
What you'll get:
- Learning. Access to entrepreneurs, founders, management teams. Regular training, both structured education and on-the-tools hands on development.
- Purpose. Have an impact with your work. The stories you help to unearth, craft, and share will change how people live, work, and play.
- Global. You get to be part of a global agency, and work on global campaigns. Your focus is on US storytelling but you will have the chance to spread your wings. We even have an annual company retreat in Australia.
- Balance & benefits. We have great healthcare benefits, and balance matters to us. We think balanced Slingers make the best teammates. We have team outings, social gatherings, an onsite gym, and work hard to put structure and resources behind you being able to do the best work of your career without burning out. We know this is a fast-paced, energetic industry, which is why we love it.
- Specialization. We have a breadth of clients across every industry. But it’s only a special type of ambitious brand that we’ll work with — those who genuinely want to shape the future. If the driving force in your career is run PR for an already established, slower-moving brand, this role might not be a fit for you. However, if you love working with high-growth companies and fast-moving startups, and you enjoy creating new processes, finding new angles, and developing and executing on PR strategies completely from the ground up – you're in the right place.
- Team. You’ll work alongside a hungry, passionate, whip-smart team in our great new Playa Vista digs. With great support and guidance, you’ll also have the freedom to show us and the world what you’re capable of.
- Innovators. You won’t be representing dinosaurs. You’ll be working with fast, agile brands and people who are having an impact. You’ll be on the team representing:
- One of the best (and new) ways to learn a language you will ever see. Helping more people discover the joy, fun, and reward of learning a second (or third, or fourth!) language.
- A mindfulness and wellness platform doing things differently to help the busiest people.
- And more that we’d love to tell you about
Here's a bit about what we're looking for in you:
- Relevant studies of PR and communications through university
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Passionate and proactive with incredible attention to detail
- A team player who loves learning from others and sharing your own experiences
- Enjoy learning about new topics and can adjust writing styles to different audiences
- Able to prioritize your workload, meet deadlines and ensure your client teams and campaigns never skip a beat
- Passionate about business, technology, start ups and changing the way things have always been done
Sound like your dream job?
If you’re full of ideas and excited to work for a different agency that gives you input in shaping how the business grows, hit apply and send us your cover letter, resume and recent writing examples, and tell us why you’re the next Slinger.
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org