Slice is looking for incredibly talented people to join our team. In short, the best candidates will be intelligent, tenacious, optimistic, organized, creative, social, and dedicated to constant self-improvement. The Slice Squad knows how to get things done, and done right, but that doesn't stop us from having a bit of fun along the way.
Position requirements include:
- Advising clients on their overall business and communications strategies
- Supporting a First Cut Session with a client, including taking thorough notes and contributing to the conversation
- Developing and delivering a strategy document to a client
- Evaluating, prioritizing and predicting clients’ needs and having a clear understanding of what PR successes mean to them
- Staying on top of the latest trends and techniques that not only affect the PR industry, but also our clients’ businesses
- Having a clear understanding of client budgets and deadlines, and meet both regularly
- Delivering thorough, detailed and relevant project management updates with clients and in staff meetings
- Managing other team members to ensure that clients’ needs are being satisfied
- Managing clients to ensure they meet media and project deadlines; proactively asking questions to ensure they have what they need
- Developing press releases, media alerts, bylined articles, blogs and status updates
- Contributing to the development of materials generated by other team members through proofreading for content, grammar, spelling and structure
- Researching clients’ competitors, industries, trends, influencers and media targets every day to identify opportunities
- Utilizing all available resources to find data or solve problems/issues
- Developing strong and meaningful media relationships for the benefit of clients
- Crafting pitches that generate media coverage for clients
- Communicating with reporters, editors and producers through email, phone and other methods
- Preparing clients for interviews and advising them on how to leverage opportunities
- Evaluating the impact of a media placement through business opportunities, website analytics, impressions, internal business use, etc.
- Familiarity in using and discussing social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Effectively assisting social media account managers on their campaigns for clients, including community development, community engagement, content development, ad development and reporting and analytics
How to Apply
We are looking for candidates with 1-3 years of a public relations experience. Interested candidates should submit their information below, including their resume, cover letter (with salary requirements included) and three writing samples. Please do not follow-up.
It is the policy of Slice to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Slice will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.