Skylo Technologies is building the most affordable and accessible network to mobilize the world’s machine data. The company is currently in stealth mode, and led by a team of experienced operators from the wireless telecom and enterprise data industry. Skylo’s mission is to bring ubiquitous connectivity to millions of presently unconnected machines, sensors and devices globally, such as shipping containers, tractors, fishing vessels, and other mission-critical applications. Skylo is founded and backed by Innovation Endeavors, in conjunction with other strategic investors in aerospace, defense & telecommunications, and we are well capitalized for this stage of the business.
Skylo is hiring a Senior Network Algorithms Engineer to help fulfill Skylo’s vision of a highly efficient network that mobilizes data from large volumes of industrial devices and sensors. The Senior Network Algorithms Engineer will join our engineering team to design and develop a spectrally efficient wireless network, that is capable to support the next generation of machine & sensor data mobility. This individual will leverage a strong background in mathematics, wireless communications and software development to design and deploy a network resource allocation system. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in stretching themselves into new domain and seeing their work have global impact across industries.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Design and development of Skylo’s radio resource network scheduler.
- Design, simulate and implement radio resource scheduling algorithms for large volumes of machines, sensors and other devices.
- Develop machine learning and decision-making algorithms for network optimization.
- Perform big data analysis on real time and dynamic datasets
- Stress test designed algorithms to cover edge cases.
- Work with network, hardware, and platform engineering teams to quickly iterate on and deploy algorithms for the intelligent management of a machine data driven network.
- Work with external vendors on protocol modifications to support specific feature development
- Establish a disciplined development and deployment process so that software ships on time and at a very high level of quality.
- 5+ years experience in algorithm design and professional software development.
- PhD or Masters degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience in developing & deploying machine learning and decision-making algorithms.
- Experience working on network optimization problems preferred.
- Programming capabilities with experience in C/C++/Java and Python.
- Working knowledge of 3GPP standards specifically around LTE and 5G preferred.
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills.