Sr. Frontend Engineer
At Skylo Technologies we are building the most affordable and accessible network to mobilize the world’s machine data. Skylo’s mission is to bring ubiquitous, reliable, affordable connectivity to millions of presently unconnected businesses who do not have access to terrestrial networks, and cannot afford the often high prices of alternative networks. Our work supports some of the poorest, most remote regions of the world by connecting machines, sensors and devices globally, giving users better access to the right data at the right time in order to make better decisions and improve business outcomes.
The company is currently in stealth mode, and is led by a team of experienced operators from the wireless telecom and enterprise data industry. Skylo is founded and backed by Innovation Endeavors, in conjunction with other strategic investors in aerospace, defense & telecommunications, and we are well capitalized for this stage of the business.
Skylo Technologies is hiring a Senior Front End Engineer to implement Skylo's vision of a user configurable dashboard for streaming datasets. You should be passionate about making this extensible and customizable with modular UI components, with experience in visualizing data in widgets such as charts and maps. Working closely with a local UX designer and leading a small remote team, your work will enable Skylo customers to explore sensor data to identify anomalies and implement data driven business outcomes. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in stretching themselves and seeing their work have global impact across industries, and to work with a highly driven team to bring this technology to the most remote regions of the world.
Location: San Mateo
- Implement customizable dashboards based on Single Page Apps (SPAs).
- Implement modular UI components in ReactJS, NodeJS, TypeScript and WebSockets.
- Implement applications for sensor configuration tools, customer billing and data analytics.
- Excellent knowledge of UI charting and mapping framework for data visualization.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability for streaming datasets.
- Work collaboratively with UX design team to implement UI workflows.
- Work collaboratively with product management, back-end developers, and customers to refine product. requirements for Skylo’s web based user interfaces.
- Expert on ReactJS and Redux.
- Expert on NodeJS, ExpressJS using TypeScript.
- Desired charting background with libraries like ReCharts, ChartJS, React-vis, D3.js or similar.
- Desired map visualization background in Mapbox, DeckGL or similar.
- B.S in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience in UI/UX development.
- Highly collaborative, attentive to detail, with a proven track record of excellent UI work.
- Past experience in a dynamic early-stage startup environment highly desired.