Skylo Technologies is building the most affordable and accessible network to mobilize the world’s machine data. The company is currently in stealth mode, and led by a team of experienced operators from the wireless telecom and enterprise data industry. Skylo’s mission is to bring ubiquitous connectivity to millions of presently unconnected machines, sensors and devices globally, such as shipping containers, tractors, fishing vessels, and other mission-critical applications. Skylo is founded and backed by Innovation Endeavors (Eric Schmidt’s VC), in conjunction with other strategic investors in aerospace, defense & telecommunications, and we are well capitalized for this stage of the business.
Skylo is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to help fulfill Skylo’s vision of a highly efficient network that mobilizes data from large volumes of industrial devices and sensors. The Senior Software Engineer will join our network engineering team to design and develop a scalable cloud-based server components to support our network scheduling algorithms for the next generation of machine & sensor data mobility. This individual will leverage their knowledge and expertise to develop server infrastructure and APIs to support and interface with other components of the core network. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in stretching themselves into new domain areas with global impact across industries.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Design and development of Skylo’s distributed server infrastructure and components.
- Implementation of skylo’s network scheduling algorithms for highly scalable cloud based software platform.
- Design and implement APIs and protocol for distributed systems.
- Setup data pipelines and perform big data analysis on real time and dynamic datasets.
- Work with network and platform engineering teams to quickly iterate on and deploy algorithms for the intelligent management of a machine data driven network.
- Work with external vendors on design specifications to iterate on feature development
- Establish a disciplined development and deployment process so that software ships on time and at a very high level of quality. Validate and deliver high quality code using tests.
- 5+ years experience in professional software development using OOP.
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Programming capabilities with experience in Java and Python.
- Excellent knowledge of data schemas design and SQL.
- Preference to Postgres or any time series databases.
- Distributed systems knowledge for massive horizontal scaling.
- Working knowledge of message queues like RabbitMQ.
- Working knowledge of stream processing systems like Kafka is preferred.
- Experience in building stable and scalable server components/features preferred.
- Experienced in REST API design and protocol design across different network layers.
- Preferred background in data analysis and machine learning.
- Should have quality focus with demonstrable skills using test frameworks.
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills.