Skylo Technologies is building the most affordable and accessible network to mobilize the world’s machine data. The company is currently in stealth mode, and led by a team of experienced operators from the wireless telecom and enterprise data industry. We have raised our Series A Funding and are well capitalized for this stage of the business.
Skylo Technologies is hiring an Electrical Hardware Design Engineer to join our product engineering team. This person will play a critical role in our mission to deliver ubiquitous wireless connectivity around the world and will have the privilege to design and build the product from scratch. This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced hardware EE with embedded, networking and RF expertise, who is interested in working on a highly transformative new product.
- Designing the company's key HW component ( IOT Hub ).
- Develop detailed HW functional design specifications to meet the product requirements.
- Perform system design, component selection and performance modeling to meet product requirements.
- Evaluation testing and breadboarding of critical subsystem components and interfaces to ensure performance requirements are met.
- Oversight of schematic capture and physical design.
- Circuit/system debugging to ensure that design meets all requirements.
- Liaise with manufacturing team to ensure smooth transition to volume production.
- Propose and execute prototype projects that introduce an innovative solution to new or existing problems.
- Support software team on bring up and debugging.
- 5+ years experience leading hardware product development in consumer electronics products.
- Mixed signal design experience.
- IoT gateways product development experience highly desirable.
- Hands-on HW debugging skills.
- Strong understanding of EE fundamentals, and an ability to apply those to digital, analog, power and RF domains.
- Strong understanding of HW/SW tradeoffs for embedded devices.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware DVT and manufacturing support.
- Excellent team communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experience designing cost-sensitive, high-volume electronics products from beginning to end.
- Experience in developing MCU based electronic products, preferably in consumer markets with sensor integration.
- HW design experience with wireless network technologies: WiFi\ Bluetooth.