Skylo Technologies is building the most affordable and accessible network to mobilize the world’s machine data. The company is currently in stealth mode, and led by a team of experienced operators from the wireless telecom and enterprise data industry. We have raised our Series A Funding and are well capitalized for this stage of the business.
Skylo Technologies is hiring a Hardware/Electrical Engineer lead ( EE ) to join our product engineering team. This person will play a critical role in our mission to deliver ubiquitous wireless connectivity around the world and will have the privilege to design and build the product from scratch. This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced hardware EE with embedded, networking and RF expertise, who is interested in working on a highly transformative new product.
- Own the electrical engineering for all of Skylo's hardware products ( Hub ), including specification, design, qualification and certification.
- End-to-end HW responsibility on the company's key component ( Hub ).
- Drive the components and vendor selection.
- Set design processes and standard procedures for new hardware design.
- Define the hardware architecture for future advanced hubs.
- Drive the evaluation of performance and quality for hub subsystems.
- Manage Skylo's lab including bench test equipment (scopes, spectrum analyzers, protocol analyzers etc), prototype stocks etc.
- 10+ years experience leading hardware product development in consumer electronics products.
- 5+ years managing direct reports and outside consultants/contractors.
- Strong understanding of EE fundamentals, and an ability to apply those to digital, analog, power and RF domains.
- A quantitative approach to design and debug problems.
- A systems view of the engineering domain - the ability to understand the big picture and apply this understanding to solve real-world problems.
- Strong understanding of HW/SW tradeoffs for embedded devices.
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance standards, including electrical safety standards and FCC/EMI regulations.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware DVT and manufacturing support.
- Excellent team communication and leadership skills.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Thorough understanding of NPI and manufacturing processes, and familiarity with DFM and DFT for high volume products.
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experience designing cost-sensitive, high-volume electronics products from beginning to end.
- Experience with ODM\CM engagements.
- Experience with taking product through FCC and other regulatory process.
- HW design experience with wireless network technologies: WiFi\ Bluetooth.