Position: Network Engineer
Network switch configuration, firewall configuration, network architecture, networking, juniper, alcatel-lucent, cisco, palo alto, fortigate, pfsense, RADIUS
SkyHelm is an IT Consulting and Solutions firm serving enterprises with unusually complex and mission critical IT needs. SkyHelm specializes in rapid execution of large-scale projects, including email migration, virtualization, cloud deployments, data storage, networking and enterprise application distribution. Founded in 2014, the company has ongoing engagements with utilities, finance, media, technology and governmental organizations.
SkyHelm creates a special chemistry with our clients by first carefully listening and thinking before recommending and acting. While we like to read books, we don’t always do things by the book. We take pride in finding faster, cheaper and better ways to get things done.
It’s important to us to not create a “SkyHelm dependency.” When we finish a project, our goal is to set up our clients for success. We want our clients to continue to work with us because they want to, not because they have to.
SkyHelm is headquartered in Denver, with offices in Houston and Oklahoma City.
Skyhelm is looking for an Network Engineer who has a full-stack mentality and the willingness to jump in and execute on any problem thrown at you. Fluent in several technologies; Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, and Fortigate products, and Networking equipment. Read on to see if you might be the perfect fit for this role.
Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, flexible deadlines, and being fully hands-on in various projects. A strong time manager with the organizational skills to drive projects to completion.
An excellent communicator, leader, and collaborator who works well with team members.
- Join a fast-moving team passionate about innovating and creating the technology solutions we can for our clients
- Be part of a team who cares about your personal and professional growth
- Design, build, and own various services and systems—from their conception to production and maintenance
- Take ownership of projects and oversee them with minimal direction
- Use statistics, monitoring, and data analysis techniques to create perfect win scenarios for clients
- 3+ years of enterprise networking architecture, design and implementation skills
- Strong implementation knowledge in network technologies like Juniper ACX, EX, and MX platforms; Alcatel-Lucent OS Switch platforms; and Fortigate Firewalls
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and network theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Experience with designing, deploying and managing enterprise-scale networking system that support critical customer infrastructure
- Infrastructure automation development, script writing and implementation with PRTG, Packet Design, Solarwinds, or other network management platforms
- Ability to support Help Desk, Incident, and Problem Management for Tier 2 incidents
- Break Fix Experience
Icing on the Cake:
- You enjoy creating something truly awesome for clients
- You get really annoyed at poorly designed infrastructure, and you know how to fix it
- You have exceptional analytical skills and are a solutions oriented person
- Ability to rapidly develop skills in new technologies
- Comfortable in an agile work environment
- Comfortable in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Pre-Sales Experience is a huge plus
This is a full-time position based out of our office in The Woodlands, Texas.