IT Project Manager
Consulting, Project Management, Infrastructure Projects, Networking Projects, Agile Methodologies, Scrum, PMP, Lean Startup, Program Management, SCADA Projects, Cyber Security Projects, VOIP Projects, O365 Migrations, Google Apps
SkyHelm is an IT Consulting and Solutions firm serving enterprises with unusually complex and mission critical IT needs. SkyHelm specializes in rapid execution of large-scale projects, including email migration, virtualization, cloud deployments, data storage, networking and enterprise application distribution. Founded in 2014, the company has ongoing engagements with utilities, finance, media, technology and governmental organizations.
SkyHelm creates a special chemistry with our clients by first carefully listening and thinking before recommending and acting. While we like to read books, we don’t always do things by the book. We take pride in finding faster, cheaper and better ways to get things done.
It’s important to us to not create a “SkyHelm dependency.” When we finish a project, our goal is to set up our clients for success. We want our clients to continue to work with us because they want to, not because they have to.
SkyHelm is headquartered in Denver, with offices in Houston and Oklahoma City
The IT Project Manager provides support to project sponsors and users, by defining and articulating business requirements which translates into functional requirements for information technology projects. Read on to see if you might be the perfect fit for this role.
Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, flexible deadlines, and being fully hands-on in various projects. A strong time manager with the organizational skills to drive projects to completion. An excellent communicator, leader, and collaborator who works well with team members.
- Join a fast-moving team passionate about innovating and creating the technology solutions we can for our clients
- Be part of a team who cares about your personal and professional growth
- Provide Project Management and Orchestration services to SkyHelm’s customers both onsite and remotely
- Define and Implement operational strategies for SkyHelm’s systems and processes
- Process development for the entire SkyHelm organization
- Assist SkyHelm leadership in decision making by providing actionable data and recommendations.
- Work with SkyHelm team to improve the level of service provided to customers.
- Acquire and Maintain Competency in Operations Management and Project Management
- Provide excellent verbal and written communication with SkyHelm staff and customers
- Maintain a high level of customer care on client accounts
- Take ownership of projects and oversee them with minimal direction
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless planning and execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Facilitate development of project plan including scope and deliverables, approach, timelines, resource plans, financials and governance
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with all participants across IT including third party partners and vendors
- Work in a team with SkyHelm Management, Sales and Delivery staff
- Improve Customer Service, Perception and Satisfaction
- Escalate Service or Project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Acquire and Maintain specific knowledge of SkyHelm’s customers and how technology systems relate to their organization’s business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the SkyHelm product and service catalog
- Document processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Maintain accurate and prompt project management and time entry
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Maintain a high level of communication with SkyHelm’s team and Customers
- End to End implementation experience
- Good educational background, preferably in the fields of business, computer science or engineering
- Proven working experience as a project manager in the IT field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Client facing and internal), coordinate/collaborate with remote team members
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Strong facilitation skills and experience working as a PM within a matrix organization structure
- PMP / SCRUM a plus.
Icing on the Cake:
- You enjoy creating something truly awesome for clients
- You get really annoyed at poorly designed infrastructure, and you know how to fix it
- You have exceptional analytical skills and are a solutions oriented person
- Ability to rapidly develop skills in new technologies
- Comfortable in an agile work environment
- Comfortable in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Pre-Sales Experience is a huge plus
This is a full-time position based out of our Oklahoma City office.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50% travel depending on project needs, though average monthly travel will likely be between 5-25%.